• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tomb Raider - 2013

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Doesn't interest me yet. Once I actually see some in-game footage and not pre-rendered videos, then I'll start giving it a look. Until then, a resounding "meh".

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've read detailed info on what the gameplay will be like in the game and for now it sounds interesting, but as this is just a first trailer they never show gameplay in that so we might have to wait a while yet. That is of course unless they release more footage at E3 *fingers crossed*.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'd recommend not trusting that info too much just yet. There's still a year and a bit before the game comes out, and things can change. Take a look at Far Cry 2, for instance, and what they promised and showed; the end result was quite different.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well I can still keep my hopes up can't I? It's fun to have something to look forward to, at this stage yes, it may turn out crap but for now I personally choose to remain optimistic.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I prefer to take Yahtzee's position; remain as pessimistic as possible about any game release. Simply because if you're expecting it to be bad, then regardless of if it's good or bad, you're guaranteed to be happy about the end result.

I do actually want the game to be good, though, as I like me some survival aspects.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
A lot of people think that way but I have always LOVED looking forward to and being excited about things. Books, games, movies it doesn't matter. Sometimes I enjoy the build-up to a release more than the actual release itself. If the thing I am excited for turns out to be crap it actually doesn't bother me that much, I just go to the next thing and start obsessing over that instead. If it turns out to be awesome then all the better, but either way I end up pretty happy.

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
Hmm in the trailer it looks like she has some sort of iphone or other device like this yet this is suppose to be set before the first tomb raider game, now i'm not sure when the first game was set but i know it wasn't set after 'our' present day which it would be if this new game is to be set before the first tomb raider, you follow me? anyway graphics look goods, it's made by square enix which will be interesting but i wouldn't expect this game to be anything like the previous ones, I stopped playing tomb raider after the 3rd and it will probably stay that way.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm in the trailer it looks like she has some sort of iphone or other device like this yet this is suppose to be set before the first tomb raider game, now i'm not sure when the first game was set but i know it wasn't set after 'our' present day which it would be if this new game is to be set before the first tomb raider, you follow me? anyway graphics look goods, it's made by square enix which will be interesting but i wouldn't expect this game to be anything like the previous ones, I stopped playing tomb raider after the 3rd and it will probably stay that way.
I thought they had perhaps just set it in a more modern time, but you have a point that it can't be possible if it's set before the other games. Hmmm :confused:

Maybe it's an origin story set in the future? :lol:

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
I thought they had perhaps just set it in a more modern time, but you have a point that it can't be possible if it's set before the other games. Hmmm :confused:

Maybe it's an origin story set in the future? :lol:
They're probably just trying to relate to todays generation of gamers rather than the one's who played the earlier games.