Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
YouTube - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier Trailer - Live-Action Trailer HQ

I'm not sure what the hell this is. Is it a game or is it a Movie? Either way it looks pretty bad ass.

Best video game-inspired movie ever? Ok, it may be a short film, but Ubisoft certainly knows how to do interesting promotion.

Earlier this month we learned that Ubisoft was working on a short film to coincide with the launch of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

The duo of Francois Alaux and Herve de Crecy, who won an Academy Award for their film "Logorama," and will be lending their talents in creating a 20-minute live-action movie titled "Future Soldier" that will tie-in with the upcoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game due out late this year. The two directors will work with writer Tim Sexton, who also helped pen the feature "Children of Men."

The short film will act as a prequel to the game's storyline and will have a budget of between $8 million to $10 million.

Today a short trailer has been released to give a sample of what to expect from the final product. From what we can tell, it's what we would want from a video game tie-in movie.

VIDEO: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Movie Trailer
Game Site: Ghost Recon Future Soldier | Ubisoft

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I have always been a fan of the any game based off a Tom Clancy product, and this trailer looks awesome. I wouldn't care either way if it was a movie or a video game it looks amazing either way and it's probably something I would spend money on either way.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It's a game, isn't it? That footage is just a short film made to advertise it.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (previously known as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4) is a video game published by Ubisoft and due for release in 2010. Excluding expansions, it is the fifth installment in the Ghost Recon series, and was announced to be in development by Ubisoft on January 22, 2009. The game will be a futuristic take on the Ghost Recon series.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I tried Tom Clancy's GR: Advanced Warfighter. And I didnt like it. The controls were horrid... but then again I was comparing it to COD4 at the time.

Probably wont get this one, but it still looks pretty kick ass. I may rent it for the Campaign if anything.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I never cared for any Tom Clancy games or Ubisoft games for that matter.
Though the first Ghost Recon was pretty sweet. Advanced warfighter was god aweful though.

Though, this trailer, is pretty fucking epic. If the game where anything like it, it would be worth giving a try. However, I'm also getting Red Dead Redemption next month. And if its anything like GTA4, I'll be addicted to it for ever.

Last edited: