• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

• Tom Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

TBT

Who is a better player? Leaning towards Manning here, but as I am not the guy who knows the most about football, I'll see the side for each player first.

C

cselby

It's Tom Brady. He has three Super Bowl rings and has done it with lesser supporting casts then Manning, who has won nothing, even if he wins this weekend, he has a HOF receiver, a Pro-Bowl one in Wayne, and a dynamic RB duo. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Manning, his numbers are remarkable, but until he is wearing the bling Brady is wearing, Brady gets the nod here.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I say Tom Brady not as a Patriots fan, but as a fan who has seen his true greatness. Manning has the numbers, the records, and no doubt a spot in the hall of fame someday. However, Brady is almost impermeable when it comes to pressure. Seeing him throw that last interception during the AFC championship game was a major surprise because Brady is the modern king of clutch. Peyton tends to choke up, even though he posts stellar numbers. It's all about the game winners and Brady is a game winner.

T

TBT

Tom Brady is definetly clutch. However, we would never know this if he played on the Arizona Cardinals for his whole career. Maybe David Carr is one of the most clutch QB's of all time too... he just hasn't gotten to the playoffs. My point is that judging QB's by how they do in the playoffs is flawed... to get into the playoffs, you have to win the regular season games, and if your team isn't good, no matter how good you are, you will not get into the playoffs.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Tom Brady is definetly clutch. However, we would never know this if he played on the Arizona Cardinals for his whole career. Maybe David Carr is one of the most clutch QB's of all time too... he just hasn't gotten to the playoffs. My point is that judging QB's by how they do in the playoffs is flawed... to get into the playoffs, you have to win the regular season games, and if your team isn't good, no matter how good you are, you will not get into the playoffs.
I never judged him only on his playoff performance. I said he's almost impermeable when it comes to pressure because most of the time, he handles it well. He's had many game winning drives, not all in the playoffs.

Your also trying to make this about the whole team towards the end of your statement, why? I thought this was about two individuals.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Right now, I have to go with Brady because of the three championships, he might not be as exciting has Manning, and doesn't put the same touchdown numbers has Manning, but he gets the job done, but if Manning wins a championship this year, I believe I would have to go with Manning on this one.

T

TBT

I never judged him only on his playoff performance. I said he's almost impermeable when it comes to pressure because most of the time, he handles it well. He's had many game winning drives, not all in the playoffs.

Your also trying to make this about the whole team towards the end of your statement, why? I thought this was about two individuals.
Handling pressure shouldn't be the defining judgement though. Manning for the most part plays better than Brady, which is why I was going to choose him, although I do realize that the Colts have more offensive talent. Just want to know, in your opinion, what the best/most useful stat is for making a decision (or, if in like basketball, stats don't mean very much). Part of the reason which I support Manning is because, as a baseball fan, I tend to rely on stats (where stats are much more useful).

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Handling pressure shouldn't be the defining judgement though. Manning for the most part plays better than Brady, which is why I was going to choose him, although I do realize that the Colts have more offensive talent. Just want to know, in your opinion, what the best/most useful stat is for making a decision (or, if in like basketball, stats don't mean very much). Part of the reason which I support Manning is because, as a baseball fan, I tend to rely on stats (where stats are much more useful).
There is no defining statistic, you need a humble guy that can handle pressure, get his team together and focused, and win when it's needed.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Abstain. Peyton has better regular season stats and play (you really can't deny so many TD passes are a sign of a great QB), but Brady's got a better track record in the playoffs and leadership qualities. In reality I wouldn't want either of them playing a full season for any fantasy team of mine.

TDG1987

Registered Member
I'll take Brady because he's a winner and does more with less but I'll tell you what; no one can do what Manning does in terms of running an offense with all his play-calling and audibles and whatnot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M NFL 21
The_Chameleon Science & History 7
StroShow NFL 11
Babe_Ruth NFL 0
Jeanie Bathroom Wall 6