• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tom Brady Has Left The Patriots

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I can't believe that future NFL Hall of Famer Tom Brady will no longer be the quarterback of the New England Patriots, especially since Brady has had so much success with a Patriots team that has been the best team in the NFL for the last two decades.

It looks like Brady will be playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Impaired

Registered Member
I relish the Eagles being the last team to beat Brady and Belichik in the Super Bowl.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
It's now official that Tom Brady is a Buccaneer.

I wish Brady and the Bucs good luck. And I also hope the Patriots can survive without Brady being their starting quarterback anymore.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
TB 2 TB

I'm not shocked by this move. Pat McAfee thinks that TB12 and the Bucs will fair better than the Patriots.. and I have to say I think I agree with that statement. Pairing Bruce Arians with Brady with the weapons that offense has.. oh and a top five defense? The Bucs are contenders provided Brady's arm doesn't fall off.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Two questions now on the minds of many NFL fans are: can Tom Brady win without Bill Bellichick, and can Bellichick win without Brady?

I say yes to both questions. I think Brady and Bellichick will both still enjoy future success, even though Brady and Bellichick are no longer on the same team. They're both NFL greats, after all.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think Brady and Bill will both enjoy NFL success but not right away. Tom is going to be more successful than Bill in the short term while the Patriots re-tool and get in better standing with the salary cap. The Pats will be competitive but the team as a whole is nowhere near as complete as the Bucs. They had a top five defense last season, the best WRs in the league, and are solid in the trenches. The Patriots have a great defense with no firepower left on offense.

dDave

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was very surprised to see this. He must be making an absolute killing on his new contract. Why would you want to finish out your career basically in nowheresville? Compared to New England that's exactly what the Buccaneers are.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Part of me was happy to see him move on. I definitely wasn't expecting TB, I was leaning more towards Chargers. I think the Bucs will do well. I can definitely see them making the playoffs this season and/or next. I don't think they'll ever reach the SB with Brady, but they'll definitely be more successful than the Pats, at least for the first few years. Should be an interesting NFL season... if it ever happens.

dDave

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I love it...

I can actually root for him now...which will feel weird. I oddly hope they win the SB now. It's a weird situation though in my brain.
Right? To me Tom Brady has always been synonymous with the Patriots. He was a career Patriots guy. I wonder if there was some drama that happened between the Pats and Brady that caused him to want to move on.

I mostly know the basketball world so I think of this sort of like when MJ left the Bulls to play for the Wizards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Chameleon Science & History 7
StroShow NFL 11
Babe_Ruth NFL 0
Jeanie Bathroom Wall 6
T NFL 37