Toilet Literature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Impact, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

So, I came across a thread on another forum i'm a member of, asking what it is people read on the toilet, and I had to sit there for a moment with my jaw hanging. I thought it was only a myth that people read on the toilet? So are you one of these people who does.

I sure as hell don't and I find the idea of it slightly weird. I guess it's like people who feel comfortable talking on the phone while they are on the toilet...please don't tell me any of you do that?

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Read, talk on the phone maybe have a sandwich.
    Honestly I do sometimes read while doing my morning ritual, I have a couple of fishing books that stay in the bathroom.

I have never done either of the other two I mentioned.lol

I dont see anything wierd in it, after all I could be there a while, best to concentrate on a book rather than anything else.

ysabel likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't actually read but I've looked at magazines before like Maxim or FHM. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that, it helps pass the time.

4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I tend to either read a comic book or I take my DS with me when I use the restroom. Usually I end up in there for a bit longer than needed though. I like it because it's the one place that I won't be disturbed.

ysabel likes this.
  5. Psy-cho

Psy-cho New Member

I generally just let my mind wander because I have a tendency to think of some really interesting things or get a really good idea for something when I'm in there. If I'm in the bathroom long enough to have time to actually read something I would probably be far too concerned to concentrate on the written word.

I can't wrap my head around people who talk on the phone while they're doing their business in the bathroom. That's just... gross. I can't even talk to someone standing outside the door/stall. It's just too weird. Potty time is private time for me and my thoughts.

Okay, well, I have talked to Barbara whilst on the potty, but we were drunk so that's different. *lol* When we're on the phone I usually accuse her of making me have to poop and then I put the phone down to go. XD

6. amjhdrummer

amjhdrummer It fell off.

We keep a couple magazines in the bathroom. As the other said- it passes time. I always put them a certain way on the counter behind the sink up against the wall and they're always moved a different way. My friends always joke that they like that I keep the new issue and the issue from the month before hand in the bathroom cause they never finish reading the older one.

I've been on my bluetooth but I put it on mute if I go to the bathroom. It's just awkward.

I know people who use the phone/get on their laptop though... That's just weird to me... Think of the germs and the sounds you might make or something??? lol

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Thats fucking weird, I'm dropping a duce right now. Thats right: I use the computer on the shitter. I also read basically anything I enjoy reading on the toilet. I've never talked on the phone or eaten on the shitter. (SQUEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!)

ysabel likes this.
  8. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I am never in the loo long enough to read anything. I have tried a few times to take a book that I was reading beforehand with me but I read a paragraph and then I'm done.

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I always read when on the toilet. I have to, for some reason.

There's two editions of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader in my bathroom.

ysabel likes this.
  10. AwkwardlyYours

AwkwardlyYours Registered Member

You see... I'm fast when I'm in the bathroom. I do NOT want to spend more time near a toilet than I have to. I go in, do my business, wash my hands, and gtfo.

So no. I don't read on the toilet. I wouldn't have the time while I was trying to get the heck out. :/

Nixola likes this.