• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Today I spent $220 on a top

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well I lie, I didn't personally pay for it but my Mum bought it for me. She didn't even care about the price, I honestly think she was just happy that I was shopping for clothes for once and not video games or books. Either way $220 for one item of clothing (just a top) seems like A LOT to me. I doubt whether I would ever pay that much for something like that myself. Maybe for a really good pair of shoes, a dress or a bag etc, but not just a top.
What about you, what is the most you would spend on one item of clothing?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah that's expensive for me. Maybe I'd have spent the same or more on a formal dress but I feel like the expense was worth the occasion. Other than that, the most expensive item for me would be suit (but it's a set though and not one item) for looking more business like. They're in the hundreds too.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've spent that much on a jacket before. Twice actually, my leather jacket which got 'lost' was around the $200 mark, and my ski jacket was $350.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't think I'd pay more than $100 one one item of clothing, and even that might make me feel like vomiting. I'm cheap.

I've bought leather coats in the past that cost a couple hundred bucks, but I can't see myself doing that again. I think the most expensive item of clothing I own right now is the pair of boots I just bought for $75.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I would hate to spend such a large chunk of my hard earned money on a piece of clothing. I'd be too scared to wear it. Each to their own.

Like Jeanie, the most expensive item of clothing I own is a pair of boots and that's only because it was snowing and I was desperate. There was only one shop open, I was slipping all over the place and they were the cheapest pair I could find.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm very thrifty. I'm the guy who goes straight for the clearance section.

I think the most expensive piece of clothing for me was my leather jacket. It was on sale for... $125 I think it was. Down from $199 or something. I still have it, but the zipper needs repair.

I'm curious to see this really expensive top though. It sounds fancy, almost bellydancer fancy. With the fancy umm, uhh... stuff. That glitters and shines and glitters more.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I won't lie, I do purchase expensive clothing regularly.

I did buy a pair of jeans for £170 ($275) a couple of week ago and I didn't think twice about it.

The problem is I enjoy buying and wearing quality attire, and the fact I have more money than sense!

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't think I'd pay more than $100 one one item of clothing, and even that might make me feel like vomiting. I'm cheap.

I've bought leather coats in the past that cost a couple hundred bucks, but I can't see myself doing that again. I think the most expensive item of clothing I own right now is the pair of boots I just bought for $75.
If you're cheap, I must be miserly :lol:. I probably haven't spent more than $40 on one item.

I have a pair of running shoes that cost around $100, but my dad bought them for me, and I didn't even want him to buy them. I also have a couple heavy-duty winter jackets my dad gave me, and I don't know how much they cost, but probably a lot less than $100.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I'm dying to see it. Can you post a pic? The most I've ever spent is around $220 on a tennis outfit. I've gone as high as $150 one one pair of jeans too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never spend that much on a piece of clothing, but I've paid around that for a pair of shoes. I think the most I've ever spent on one piece of clothing is $150 on a coat.

That said, I usually pay a lot for my clothes, it's very rare that I'll purchase "cheap" stuff.