• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

To wear a mask or not

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wear one when going out except when there's no one around or no risk to be next to them. I glare at those not wearing masks if they're near me and we're in an enclosed space (e.g. public transportation, which is required anyway) - the same way I glare at someone who coughs without covering during Pre-covid times.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish more people would wear them. It would make the one I wear more effective.

I think its ridiculous people physically attacking or harassing others because they do or don't wear one.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Not always. Nobody wore a mask at the last party and we were closer than 6 or 8 feet. But some shops won't let people in without one and it does protect people at high risk so if wearing a mask is on the table, I do.
Btw, law enforcement is not happy. Wearing masks is defeating their face recognition apps....

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not always. Nobody wore a mask at the last party and we were closer than 6 or 8 feet. But some shops won't let people in without one and it does protect people at high risk so if wearing a mask is on the table, I do.
Btw, law enforcement is not happy. Wearing masks is defeating their face recognition apps....
I am at high risk so it would help me out a lot. If I get covid it would most likely kill me. Which I really don't go anywhere except for chemo and the hospital. I take that back I do go in places that aren't very crowded like furniture stores. Most of my shopping is done on line or my son gets it for me.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
At the food pantry that I volunteer at, one of the other volunteers refused to wear a mask. He said he has too much trouble breathing while wearing a mask.

So the guy in charge of the pantry asked him not to come to the pantry until the pandemic gets better at some point.

I hate to see him not be able to volunteer there, as he works hard and is a nice guy, in my opinion.

However, other volunteers, as well as myself, didn't feel safe having him work there without a mask, and with good reason.