• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

To the Americans who said they would leave

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
To all the Americans who said they would leave the country if Obama got elected, I now feel your pain. I thought you were overreacting at the time but right now it's the Australian election, and all money is on the worst person in the planet to be the new Prime Minister of Australia. If he wins I almost wish I could leave Australia myself. It cannot be healthy to hate one person this much.

Reactions: Doc

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
They wanted to leave for all sorts of reasons to do with Obama. I don't care about those, I have very few opinions on him myself. I'm just comparing the situation for me now because if Abbott wins Prime Minister it will be one of the most depressing things ever.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Obama may still have been a better choice than McCain.

Then again, we might not have Obamacare if McCain got elected.

How long are PM terms, Sophie?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I was upset when most of those 'Americans' wouldn't leave.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was upset when most of those 'Americans' wouldn't leave.
Cashiers and the like were constantly complaining about how the [expletives] were going to win because all of the other [expletives] were ruining our country. The worst argument was that black people needed Obama so they can get more welfare.

What's wrong with the soon-to-be Australian PM?

Sim

Registered Member
What's so terrible about Abbott? Please tell me more, as I know next to nothing about Australian politics.

As for my situation here, I can't imagine any democratically elected Chancellor in Germany is so bad that I want to leave my country -- as long as I am still free to voice my disagreement and have peaceful ways to fight against him or her. That is, as long as the Chancellor respects our Constitution and does not violate it blatantly, and keeps playing by democratic rules.

If there was ever a putsch, or an elected Chancellor abandoning the Constitution, and persecuting the opposition, closing to doors to peaceful disagreement and the means to diselect him, I'd maybe feel inclined to leave my country too.

"Voice -- or exit!"

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
He is just an utter moron who embarrasses himself on the television, stupid sexual remarks.

He recently said that this lady has a sex appeal about her on national television.

Sim

Registered Member
He is just an utter moron who embarrasses himself on the television, stupid sexual remarks.

He recently said that this lady has a sex appeal about her on national television.
But it seems he can win the election, so many voters apparently like him. Why is that?