To (sorta) quote The Wizard...

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I saw pics on the news about some people playing with it and the strap broke causing windows and TV screens to crack.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have too...that's because these people swing the controller at speeds of Mach 1 when only a slowish swing is needed. There are also some other possible ideas why breakages have happened. I have a theory that if people swing a little slower, grip the controller hard, wipe/wash their hands whenever they get sweaty, and make sure all breakables are away from the swing radius, breakages will be lessened.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I have too...that's because these people swing the controller at speeds of Mach 1 when only a slowish swing is needed. There are also some other possible ideas why breakages have happened. I have a theory that if people swing a little slower, grip the controller hard, wipe/wash their hands whenever they get sweaty, and make sure all breakages are away from the swing radius, breakages will be lessened.
you know. you just might be right!!!

If the only thing preventing the controller from flying out of your hand is the strap, you're doing something wrong.