to shy

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by tdhnd, Nov 4, 2008.

1. tdhnd

tdhnd New Member

I'm a shy guy and I lack confidence when it comes to approaching girls. Just wondered how to gain confidence and not worry so much about rejection. I've only been in one relationship,so don't have a lot of experience.

2. fragile

fragile Registered Member

Can I ask you how old you are? And do you feel like that just around girls or people in general?

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

To shy or not to shy? That is the question.

But it should rally be "Too shy."

But the best way to build confidence is really just to realize that people are people. Don't put it in your mind that women are some kind of deity that needs to feed off of your life source to survive. They're just as shy and emotional as you are. Talk to a girl. Talk to a guy. If you're looking for friends, just wander up to whomever and engage in conversation.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Drink more alcohol.

asdfasdfsadfsadf

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

6. Buddhz

Buddhz Registered Member

Shouldn't it actually be "really" ?

But I have to agree, just start off by making friends and hopefully one of them will blossom over time.

7. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Touche pussycat. It really should be really. Not sure where my missing "e" decided it wanted to go.

Buddhz likes this.
  8. SebNoker

SebNoker Registered Member

Funny enough, it comes with age and experiance, me im shy too, but give me a drink and i can talk to any girl, and after that i feel a bit more courageous without alcohol knowing that i could go up to a girl, fior better or worse....
    Id say, have a drink and let go....dont try to force yourself to be someone your not....

9. tdhnd

tdhnd New Member

the sad thing is i'm 27 and i'm just not much of a people person in general.part of being an only child i suppose.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You should believe in yourself a little more. It is something you overcome in stages - don't run before you can walk.
    If you approach a girl and you have no confidence then they may well look the other way. A lot of women are attracted to confident men. You have to try and get over your phobia and at least talk to someone. If you are rejected then so what, move on. Don't hide your qualities - be yourself and the right girl will show up.