• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

To Buy it Now or not to Buy it Now ... that's my question

yooperchick

Registered Member
In everyone's experience in selling bizzare/weird items, should one utilize a Buy it Now or just let the bidders decide how high it goes?

Julie

Registered Member
That's a very loaded question. It all depends on what you're selling. And the other factors to look at are:

What's the going rate for that item (check completed listings, then current)?
Do most of these run for 3,5,7,or 10 day or are more sold from a BIN?
Looking at current auctions, are there more on bidding...more on BIN...or with bidding & BIN together?

Another option is to just do the bidding, but have a reserve price set for it.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I've never seen what I am going to sell on eBay before. So, I have no idea what to set the Buy it Now at if I decide to set one. I could set a price, but what if it could go higher than that.

I do plan on going 10 days on this one so maybe I should just let it ride and put a reserve on it like you suggested.

Ugh...the decisions...how do you regular high profilers keep sane! :D

Julie

Registered Member
OH...I'm sorry Tricia! I didn't even realize you were talking about a weird/bizarre auction! <smacking myself in da head> DUH!!

I just sell regular, everyday stuff...so what I talked about before referred to that!

If it's a weird/bizarre auction, that's a different story! I usually don't see a BIN on weird stuff. And as far as a reserve, I usually only see a reserve on mystery auctions. Otherwise...some put on a reserve to make sure they get their listing fees covered if they spend the $$$ to feature it & stuff.

TGirl

Registered Member
I never used BIN on Bizarre stuff...like my mystery auctions....I used reserve or started the bidding high.......sometimes I would just start it out at the ebay fees too since most times it cost me like 22.00 to list a auction!

yooperchick

Registered Member
Well, I'm gonna use a reserve and forget about a Buy it Now. Ok. I decided on one thing. I can mark that off my list. Now, just about 100 more decisions to go! :lol: