To accept you..

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What users/members do you accept on social networks (fb, myspace, hi5..)?
do you accept only people you know it real life?
people you've met several/rare times in RL?
people you've talked to, online?
people you've never seen in your life?

everyone EXCEPT the last ones - people i've never seen/met in my life.
so if there are people i've talked to online, i accept them but still it depends on whether i like them or not.
and it goes the same way with people i've met several times/always in my real life.

I'll accept pretty much anyone as long as I have an idea who they are. On my fb account where all I have is GF members, I get lots of random people adding me because I played a couple of the games there, so I don't accept them apart from in rare cases. And I remember back in the days of MySpace you'd get loads of creepy dudes finding your profile and messaging you to add them. I love reading my old messages on there to see what I replied with :lol: I think it's safe to say I didn't accept any of them.

So from your list it would be all but the last one for me, too.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
On sites like FB etc. I'll only accept people I know either in real life or people I've spoken to online for a while and I'm comfortable with. I never accept random people who I've never spoken to or never heard of.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I accept everyone. I have no concerns for privacy or security whatsoever. I'd actually love to have some girl stalk me lol, itd make for some amusement. I have tons of fb friends that I've only met once.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I accept everyone. I have no concerns for privacy or security whatsoever. I'd actually love to have some girl stalk me lol, itd make for some amusement. I have tons of fb friends that I've only met once.
I agree. Though for now, I have my privacy set so only friends of friends can add me. I often kill time on Social Me and have had girls add me through that before, but normally nobody strange. Facebook is so open as it is and doesn't have the comment approval feature that MySpace does, so I try to be careful as I have lots of family and mature friends, past co-workers and etc. on my FB. I don't need to log in and find any surprising comments on my status updates that could offend.

I don't like MySpace but have thought about making one for online friends.

I am FB friends with Goat, and someone else... I think? Maybe two more. Ha.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
From your list i'm gonna go with every option but the last. I have a lot of members from here on my facebook, and a couple from another forum I was on, but most of them are people I know in real life. I've had a lot of complete strangers add me, I think it's from the games I play on there, but I never accept.

Dav1t

Registered Member
I never get friends requests from real life people as I don't use my real name on FB. I do get requests from people online but only accept from people I like. I also have my privacy settings turned way up as I have lots of pictures of my daughter.

I have regular friends clearouts and only recently got rid of loads.

I look forward to adding some of you once I get to know you all a bit better.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have a FACEbook account for my friends from GF but I haven't used my real surname because I don't want old school friends to be able to find me. My non-GF friends don't use any networking sites that I know of and I keep in touch with them by other means.
All my "online friends" are people I met through GF. I don't visit any other forums.
I'd never accept anyone I didn't know either.

Bananas

Endangered Species
EllyDicious; said:
What users/members do you accept on social networks (fb, myspace, hi5..)?
I accept people who I have known(past tense) well in real life, also people I see regular in real life.

I dont really add people I barely know or only talk to online ...... but I do add a few GF members, Ive been here near two years so I dont feel you're all a bunch of randoms (Nix :lol:) and even without GF it'd be good to remain in contact.