• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV TNA Victory Road 2011 Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people are supposedly mad backstage. They think that it was a big mistake to even send out Hardy to the ring since he was such in bad shape.

TNA looked like a big joke because of this finish, and now instead of talking how good some of these matches where, everyone is talking about how bad the finish was and how hammered Jeff Hardy looked.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Ultimate X was good and for some reason I liked the Ray/Dreamer match.
The Ultimate X match, I would assume, would be good as well. I will most likely watch the replay just for that match and for Styles/Hardy.

From what I read, Ray/Dreamer was stale. But it was the opening match. Whatever.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Ultimate X match, I would assume, would be good as well. I will most likely watch the replay just for that match and for Styles/Hardy.

From what I read, Ray/Dreamer was stale. But it was the opening match. Whatever.
Just FYI, I'm going to post discussion of the results here soon. I'll wrap spoiler tags around my initial post, but I'd avoid this thread for now if you're still going to watch the PPV.
------
EDIT: Sorry KSF, I didn't realize there were other posts on page one, I thought that it had already been full...my thoughts and our points of the PPV will be below:
------
Unity: 6
KSF: 6

*SPOILERS* below.

My thoughts on the results:

-First, I wanted to say that I'm among the pissed about what happened in last night's match (as is Sting as we could tell, which adds more to the respect I already have for the man). If it was the case of Hardy being messed up I'm really disappointed...the guy just became a father, he was given the brass ring in TNA at the head of Immortal, and gets the privilege of being a part of Sting's return in the main event of Victory Road. It just sucks. It makes Hardy look unbelievable that he had ever been Champ, it ruins the main event of a PPV, and TNA's staff should have replaced him or added another wrestler to the match. I just don't get it. Still glad that Sting won, but that's almost a pointless comment now.

lol I told Millz that I have enough trouble fending off the TNA haters as it is, this doesn't help.

-Bully Ray and Dreamer brought a really entertaining match with a lot of fan involvement. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. They used strange objects from the crowd, such as a giant stuffed minion from the movie Despicable Me (I think that's the one) and a blow-up doll. Felt like an old EC-Dub match in some ways...and I really enjoy Bully Ray in his current role. He's doing well with this bully persona and separating himself from being a member of Team 3D. I loved the end to the match, with Devon's sons distracting him and Devon and Tommy Dreamer hitting the 3D through a table for the win. Didn't expect that.

-Glad that Sarita and Rosita won the titles, I like them a lot and Sarita is probably one of the best couple of wrestlers in the Knockouts Division right now.

-Morgan and Hernandez put on an entertaining match...the finish was pretty awesome IMO. Hernandez was opened up, but used some fake blood on The Blueprint for the win before the ref could see him. Creative, can't say I've seen that before.

-Ultimate X was a really good match...a lot of high spots. Max Buck is really good with his personality showing during matches, and his heel promos (while not great) are entertaining. Jeremy is incredibly good in the ring for his age...his agility is just nuts. Kaz was awesome, of course...great seeing the Flux Capacitor in this one. And...Robbie who? Send that guy back to the indies.

-Ink, Inc. brought it much better than expected in this match, and Beer Money is great as usual. Shannon was a heel last night, trying to get a win with the book of DILLIGAF and spitting beer on James Storm's face afterward...Neal didn't agree at all, but Moore was telling him he had to toughen up. I think that more likely than a split we'll see these guys turning into a heel team, especially since I wouldn't be surprised if Generation Me continues to compete in the X-Divsion for a while. If they do turn into a heel team I think that's a good choice, these two guys need that, the tag division may need it as well.

-Styles and Hardy: A really entertaining match. I know that KSF mentioned some botched spots but I can't remember any right now...AJ was awesome, and Matt was really good too. My favorite highlight was Matt trying to throw AJ to the outside, AJ countering by sliding underneath the guard rail (I've never seen that one before!), and AJ doing his signature springboard fist from that rail onto Matt outside of the ring. Another was one I mentioned in the random wrestling thoughts thread, AJ doing a really quick spinning clothesline and Matt seamlessly countering by ducking and catching him in the Side Effect. AJ's spinning corkscrew body splash for the win was just awesome, and apparently that move's called the Spinal Tap...he must have used it in the past in TNA, but even I don't remember it that well. Great match!

-Anderson and RVD was good, not great. I hate double count-out endings when they don't get restarted...but if both of these guys will be in the next main event, I'm ok with that. It could be a way to get that three-way feud between them and Sting started. If not, it was pointless and a waste of fans' time and money. I expected more out of this one.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
-Anderson and RVD was good, not great. I hate double count-out endings when they don't get restarted...but if both of these guys will be in the next main event, I'm ok with that. It could be a way to get that three-way feud between them and Sting started. If not, it was pointless and a waste of fans' time and money. I expected more out of this one.
I watched this part of the replay, too. I hated this match. Just BLEH. Obviously there will be a three-way dance (four-way?) at Lockdown for the title... hopefully with RVD getting what is rightfully his.