• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA suing the WWE

BigBob

Registered Member
TNA has filed a lawsuit against WWE and former TNA and WWE employee Brian Wittenstein. The company filed the lawsuit yesterday in Nashville with charges of interference with existing contracts, conversion, breach of contract, civil conspiracy, unfair competition, and violation of the Tennessee Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Wittenstein is also being sued for breach of duty of loyalty.

The suit claims that Wittenstein, who worked for the company for three years from 2008 – 2011, gave WWE inside information on contracts and other details from his time working with the company and that WWE is trying to steal talent from the company via that information. Wittenstein was hired by WWE earlier this year but was let go in April, which TNA claims is after they were presented with the information. However, WWE did not inform TNA that they had been given that information for several weeks.

TNA claims that they were informed of the insider information on May 7th and that several days later, Ric Flair approached TNA trying to get out of his contract so he could go to WWE. The company says Flair hasn’t appeared at events since. Alex Shelley, who is rumored to be heading to WWE, was not mentioned in the lawsuit.

An injunction has been issued demanding that WWE and Wittenstein return whatever confidential material Wittenstein obtained from TNA and were specifically instructed not to destroy any of the material. A hearing is set for next month.
Honestly, I see what TNA is getting at but I don't see them beating out the WWE in this lawsuit. The WWE has too many weapons on their side.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, this seems like a big joke. There's no way in hell TNA is winning this at all in my opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like a waste of time on TNA's part.

I'm sure they are right and have grounds for suing but why tangle with the WWE? They are fighting a losing battle IMO.

Hitman

Registered Member
According to Ultimate Warrior, suing WWE is not a wise move. He said in an interview that Vince will just throw money at any lawsuit to fight it long enough that the other side runs out of money to keep fighting. Warrior claims he went into deep debt suing WWE.

I say TNA should just take it as they no longer have that guy working there to give WWE info. Move on and build your company rather than wasting money for material that could even be worthless by now anyway. Although, TNA did just sign Brooke Hogan to develop female talent, so that's the kind of management we are dealing with.

Radium

Registered Member
Waste of money and time on TNA's behalf. If you had an employee like that give away information of that manner.... What's done is done... Move on. You're better not to have that type of an employee under your wing to begin with.