• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV TNA Sacrifice Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sacrifice is coming up on Sunday, May 15th...

Use this thread to discuss, make your picks for match winners, etc.

Please use spoiler tags regarding this week's iMPACT results, if you post about them before the show is over.

In the main event we've got:

-Sting(c) vs. Rob Van Dam for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Other matches announced so far:

-Jeff & Karen Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle & "Ms. Angle"

-Beer Money(c) vs. Matt Hardy & Mystery Partner for the TNA Tag Team Championship

-Kazarian(c) vs. Max Buck for the TNA X-Division Championship

-Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James(c) for the TNA Knockouts Championship...if Mickie James wins, Tara is freed from her service contract with Madison Rayne

-Abyss vs. Crimson

-Mexican America vs. Ink, Inc.

IMO, it sounds like a really strong card. I'm looking forward to this PPV, it'll be a great way to celebrate graduation!
------
Added to the card: Robbie E vs. Brian Kendrick

Gotta love Kendrick getting on PPV! Hope he mops the floor with that Zack Ryder wannabe. WWWYKI.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think that this is only an okay card. Only the Sting/RVD match really interests me very much to the point that I would buy the PPV.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll make some picks...

Sting over RVD
Angle and Chyna over Jarrett and Karen
Hardy and Harris over Beer Money
Mickie James over Madison
Kazarian over Buck
Dreamer over Styles
Mexican American over Ink Inc
Crimson over Abyss
Kendrick over Robbie E

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Unity's Picks:

Sting over RVD

Angle and Chyna over Jarrett and Karen

Hardy and Harris over Beer Money

Mickie James over Madison

Max Buck over Kazarian

Styles over Dreamer

Ink, Inc. over Mexican America

Crimson over Abyss

Kendrick over Robbie E

I'm pretty interested in seeing the two X-Division matches...I hate Robbie E like most others, but I'm always happy to see Kendrick on a PPV card. And I'm hoping that it will do more to further the X-Divsion vs. Bischoff angle, that would be really cool. It speaks to the way that the Cruiserweights in WCW were really the workhorses but were overlooked by Easy E. Kazarian vs. Max Buck has potential to be a show stealer. I just hope that Max gets the win and the title. Kaz is one of my favorites but as a member of Fortune he hasn't had a ton of direct involvement in the X-Division, time to pass the title to someone who has and who has been putting on great matches.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Stinger
Angle/Chyna
Beer Money
MJ
Kaz
Styles
Mexican America
Crimson
Robbie E

I really don't care for this card much, anymore.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Quick results and pick 'em scores:

Mexican America defeated Ink, Inc.
Brian Kendrick defeated Robbie E
Mickie James defeated Madison Rayne
Crimson defeated Abyss
Kazarian defeated Max Buck
Beer Money defeated Matt Hardy & Chris Harris
Tommy Dreamer defeated AJ Styles
Kurt Angle & Chyna defeated Jeff & Karen Jarrett
Sting defeated Rob Van Dam

Picks:

Millz: 8
KSF: 7
Unity: 5

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Damn. I really should have picked Dreamer. The Robbie E/Kendrick match was a toss-up.

The PPV actually disappointed me quite a lot. Crimson/Abyss was the best match, to be honest. I felt like the main events were just blah. Sting is getting too old to have anything more than an average match. Sorry, Stinger.

JJ and Kurt catered to Chyna in their match. Not the best match there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My thought on the matches:

Mexican America defeated Ink, Inc.

To be honest I missed some of this match in making dinner, etc., but it seemed to be a solid intro match. I should have expected that the new (and awesome) stable getting a push would have gotten the win, but I thought Ink, Inc. would ride the wave of patriotism to victory.

Brian Kendrick defeated Robbie E

Entertaining match, Kendrick's eccentricity is always fun to watch. Happy that he got the win, and I thought he did a good job. He's always solid in his matches, though. Deserves more prominence and the X-Division title sometime soon.

Mickie James defeated Madison Rayne

Missed a lot of this match, too, lol. Saw the end with Tara decking Madison. We all knew it would happen but it was well done. I think we'll see a respectful Mickie vs. Tara match at Slammiversary, and that's a great idea in my book.

Crimson defeated Abyss

Really well done match, I enjoyed this a lot. I'm becoming a bigger fan of Crimson every day. I was really impressed with his Red Sky (D'Lo's sky-high) finisher on Abyss to get the win...it took an immense amount of strength and while he's ripped he's a skinny dude.

Kazarian defeated Max Buck

This match started off a little slow, but when it kicked into high gear it was freaking awesome. I think that Buck countered Kaz's finisher like three times or so? Great technical wrestling on those parts, great high flying, and Kazarian's sunset flip powerbomb on Max was just nuts - Max was standing on the apron and Kaz did it to the outside floor. Looked mega painful.

Beer Money defeated Matt Hardy & Chris Harris

Quality tag match here...everyone did a pretty good job, it told a good story in the ring, and if I remember correctly it went a long time - or at least it felt that way. I'm not mad that Beer Money got the win, and it was cool to see Harris back in action. He needs to cut some weight but then again so does Brodius Clay, Husky Harris, Mark Henry, etc.

Tommy Dreamer defeated AJ Styles

Good match, botched ending. Dreamer really needs to hang up his boots, IMO. Bully Ray's been really entertaining in his current spot, but Dreamer just isn't pulling off the heel role that well. He gives a ton of heart in his matches but he's just kind of "there" sometimes.

Kurt Angle & Chyna defeated Jeff & Karen Jarrett

KSF mentioned that Double J and Kurt Angle catered to Chyna in the mixed tag match, and that's exactly what they should have done. Chyna got the biggest pops of the night, it seemed, and to center the match around her was a great idea. They did a good job of keeping the fans waiting for her to come in and face Karen, and the Pedigree followed by a double ankle lock was a really entertaining way to finish things.

Sting defeated Rob Van Dam

Sting can't go as full throttle as he used to, but neither could hogan during his 2000s run in the WWE. A legend is still entertaining regardless, and Stinger can still entertain and put on a great match. I think it's possible that he'll lose at Slammiversary, but he's the right champion to have going into the event for sure. The match did have a good number of spots that stood out to me, and despite a botch with the Death Drop at the end I enjoyed it.