TNA rumors

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Originally Posted by Observer

As far as some of the other major names floating around, here is the best scorecard of what we can ascertain:

*Steve Austin - rumors were flying he was part of the deal, which I’m totally skeptical of because he’s never been on good terms with either Hogan or Eric Bischoff. According to those who have discussed it with him, Austin’s goal is to be like Dwayne Johnson, and that is to stay as far away from wrestling as possible because he feels that it’s better for his aspiring movie career to do so.

*Ric Flair - Flair has signed a three-year contract with Bischoff and Hogan and as part of the deal, every move Hogan makes, Flair is part of the move. TNA has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get Flair every time he and Vince McMahon were on the outs. TNA has talked of doing a Flair vs. Sting program and Flair has never even taken a meeting about going there. This would be a big move by Flair because it would be a move Vince McMahon wouldn’t like or approve. Flair would neither confirm nor deny that he was part of this deal.

*Bill Goldberg - Goldberg was pitched on or around 10/16 a deal by TNA, and not affiliated with Bischoff or Hogan. Goldberg said that as long as Russo is around, he is not interested.

*Diamond Dallas Page - Page, 53, just this past week stated he would be coming back to wrestling. However, on WrestlingObserver.com, Page did an interview where he said he was not doing the Australia tour for Hogan and Bischoff, nor going to TNA at this point. He said his plan was to do indies with a date coming up soon against Honky Tonk Man. He said he wants to have fun wrestling without the pressure of being on television. He said his goal was to not get hurt, and have at least one match at the age of 60.

*Jimmy Hart - Hart was at the Madison Square Garden press conference with Hogan, and is spending the week with Hogan as Hogan goes on his book tour. Hart, who is working for Hogan’s Australia promotion, said that he was not part of the TNA deal.

*Ken Anderson (Mr. Kennedy) is said to be not involved in the Hogan/Bischoff deal nor does he have any deal with TNA. He’s been trying to set up meetings to further an acting career at this point.

*Rob Van Dam - Van Dam is definitely part of the agenda Bischoff and Hogan are pushing. TNA has also contacted Van Dam separately. Dixie Carter has been handling it at that end, and Van Dam was at Bound for Glory. At press time, he is neither sold on, nor has turned down, either side. He is looking for an easy schedule and good money, but is open to wrestling if it’s on those terms. WWE is less likely because of the $2,500 pot fines and the harder schedule.

The idea of Kurt Angle vs. Hogan becomes obvious, and a former member of WWE creative noted that a few years back, Hogan had vetoed doing anything with Angle. It was noted at the Raw homecoming special which had the Angle vs. Shawn Michaels 30:00 Iron Man match, where Hogan challenged Austin, Hogan was watching the match with Vince. The match was very good and after Angle threw a suplex, Hogan did a huge sell of it and turned to Vince with a look on his face saying, “No worko with Mr Stiffo, kay.” Vince just nodded and apparently it was hilarious because Vince would make fun of that story afterwards.

Horray for WCW, Part Deux! :shake:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This doesn't surprise me, I won't be surprised if Umaga comes with them as well since he's on the Australian Tour as well.

In my opinion, Russo will be shown the door sooner than later. Everyone hates him him, especially the people that just joined TNA.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
The same was said in 1994 about WCW and look what happened there.
Big difference though since Hogan and Flair are almost 60 years old now days!!

Hogan and Savage were alot younger back then...I just dont think its the same because they arent acquired a Hall and Nash too.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Flair is most likely the next signing for TNA. I hope it doesn't happen, but i think it will.

As for who else might be coming along... I think Jimmy Hart and The Nasty Boys will follow Hulk. They usually do. They're pretty much his "entourage" and before now they've followed Hulk wherever he's gone so i don't see why it'd be any different for TNA.

They'll probably try get hold of RVD simply because he's a fantastic performer and someone who could do wonders for elevating the X-Division. He's one of the few ex-WWE stars i'd actually like to see in TNA.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Flair is most likely the next signing for TNA. I hope it doesn't happen, but i think it will.

As for who else might be coming along... I think Jimmy Hart and The Nasty Boys will follow Hulk. They usually do. They're pretty much his "entourage" and before now they've followed Hulk wherever he's gone so i don't see why it'd be any different for TNA.

They'll probably try get hold of RVD simply because he's a fantastic performer and someone who could do wonders for elevating the X-Division. He's one of the few ex-WWE stars i'd actually like to see in TNA.
See RVD would be a perfect signing for TNA and would be huge for that company. The Nasty Boys? Please. Jimmy Hart would be fine because he's a big name and a good mananger.

I just think the Flair signing is overkill. What I would do is once the Hogan mania runs out THEN sign FLair and spike the ratings again.

wooly

I am the woolrus
If Hogan is in charge, which by all reports he is (he's quoted as saying the only person he answers to in TNA is Dixie Carter) then i can't see Jimmy Hart and The Nasty Boys not coming to TNA. Unless they're tied up with other projects, which i don't think they are, i'm pretty sure Hulk is gonna bring em in. He's gonna take care of his friends.

Hopefully it's all for backstage roles though. Jimmy Hart i wouldn't mind seeing as a manager, but i definitely don't want to see Brutus Beefcake or The Nasty Boys anywhere near the ring.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I think RVD would be huge for TNA if he does sign with them. IT would also be a major blow to the WWE, because I'm sure there still interested in his services.

I agree the Nasty Boyz are past their prime, hopefully they don't wrestle at all, or join TNA.