TNA named worst promotion of the year

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Uh, yeah....this should make Unity happy haha

-- TNA Wrestling was named "Worst Promotion of the Year" in the 29th annual Wrestling Observer Newsletter readership awards announced this past week. It beat out defunct MMA promotion Elite XC, which ceased operations this past October. TNA won this dubious award last year as well. Here is the final voter tally:

WORST PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
    1. TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION 404
    2. Elite XC 232
    3. All Japan Pro Wrestling 36
    4. World Wrestling Entertainment 34
    5. Inoki Genome Federation 19
    IWA Mid South 19
    7. Hustle Fighting Opera 18
    8. AAA 16

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Is this meant to be a shock? TNA are terrible. How they can be far better then WWE in 2002/04 and now so terrible despite a solid roster is beyond me.

Fantastic to see WWE on the list too since they had a bad 2008 as well. Maybe this will be the kick they need to start being...consistantly Good. Then again, i doubt that.

Also, no ROH, Woot:p

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah TNA is beyond a joke now. And like Atreyu says it has so much potential years ago, i don't know what the hell happened.

If things stay the way they are at TNA, I can't see why it's roster wouldn't start jumping ship. I'd love to see AJ Styles and especially the Motor City Machine Guns in WWE.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

They need more shows outside of Orlando, Florida as well. The crowds there are into it, yes, but they annoy me when they chant for the faces AND the heels. Kevin Nash even called them out on it one time haha

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Oh no, THE WRESTLING OBSERVER thinks TNA sucks! ::Scott Hall Fingers:::

6. Lemonv1

Lemonv1 Registered Member

Their televised shows are indeed awful now.
    However, on saturday I went to one of their house shows and found it better than most WWE shows I've been to.
    You see, the thing was..it was practically total nonstop action. Seriously. Their televised show needs to be more like their house shows..