PPV TNA Lockdown

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The following I got from rajah.com...not sure if the matches will actually be in this order but here's the card regardless...

1st Match: Xscape Match for the X Division Championship: Suicide vs. Kiyoshi vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Black Machismo vs. Consequences Creed

2nd Match: Queen Of The Cage Match: Madison Rayne vs. Sojo Bolt vs. Daffney vs. ODB

3rd Match: New Japan Jr. Tag Team Championship: The Motor City Machineguns vs. No Limit vs. The Latin American Xchange

4th Match: Doomsday Chamber of Blood: Abyss vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan

5th Match: Knockout Women's Championship: Awesome Kong vs. Angelina Love vs. Taylor Wilde

6th Match: Philly Street Fight (Title vs. Title) TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc vs. New Japan Tag Team Champions Team 3D

Lethal Lockdown: Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels) vs. Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Booker T & Scott Steiner)

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: "The Icon" Sting vs. Hardcore Legend Mick Foley

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's also going to be a "former champion" that is going to make an appearance on this Pay Per View event. Rumours have it that it's going to be Tazz. But should be interesting to see none the less.

3. Millz

Hmmm Tazz eh? I hadnt heard about that...that would be very interesting.

Maybe Tazz can replace Don West at the broadcast booth!

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Spoilers on who that former champion was.

It's Bobby Lashley, I am very surprise in this, I wonder why he didnt stay in MMA. Should be interesting how he does in TNA.

5. Millz

Bobby Lashley? Really? Wow...

Results:

Eric Young over Danny Bonaduce

Suicide defends X-Division title successfully

ODB over Madison Rayne, Daffney & Sojo Bolt

Motor City Machine Guns defend over LAX & No Limit

Matt Morgan over Abyss

Angelina Love wins Knockout title over AWesome Kong & Taylor Wilde

Team 3D over Beer Money Inc to win TNA tag titles

Team Jarrett over Team Angle

Mick Foley over Sting to win TNA World title
    ------
    I always find it fun to read other accounts and thoughts of PPV's. This is a wrestling writer's thoughts from rajah.com. He gets all the credit.

I thought it was weird...he talked up the PPV in alot of parts but gives it a D...kinda weird.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  6. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Foley winning the championship demonstrates one of the things that is wrong with TNA at the moment. I'm a huge fan, in fact he's probably in my top 5 favourite wrestlers of all time, but Foley should should NOT be winning the TNA championship. He's way too out of shape to be a world champion, i mean to take a quote from the article there "I admire Foley for being able to climb out of the cage and how he hung in there', the world champion shouldn't be someone who can be admired for just managing to 'hang in there', because of their physical condition.

The people who have been challenging for the title recently: Foley, Sting, Angle, Team 3D. WHY are these people getting a push? Samoa Joe (though he's slowly getting seriously out of shape), AJ Styles, even Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin would be better choices for world champion! The only people that have benefited from this MEM story has been the ex-WWE/WCW legends. The young TNA superstars, who should have been the ones to benefit from this, have just been left on the sidelines. What purpose does having Foley as champion serve? He can't put on a match anywhere NEAR the caliber that people like AJ Styles can, but they can't get a title shot because the big names of the past need to have yet another title run for some reason.

it's WCW all over again.

edit: oh and great, Bobby Lashley. Another ex-WWE star to stop the young TNA talent from being developed.

7. Millz

Yeah I hear what youre saying...I mean Im happy for Foley and hes been on fire but hes stealing someone elses spot. TNA needs to develop their own talent and not try and feed off what happened in the past.

8. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

At this point, Lashley is still a young talent himself. The WWE's previous quick push doesn't change that.

Plus, the idea that he might be in leagues with the MEM (he is a former champion, after all) is very intriguing.

9. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I don't doubt Lashley's ability, but TNA already have enough ex-WWE/WCW wrestlers and it should stop taking on more. It seems like it's never going to develop the 'TNA originals'. Besides AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, the X division is really taking a backseat, even though it's what helped attract a lot of people to TNA in the first place. It just feels like TNA is completely losing it's identity the more superstars from other promotons it takes in. Besides the fact that most of them shouldn't even be in the ring, especially when it comes at the expense of the younger stars. one of them being TNA's new world champion.

10. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I kind of disagree with you here. Foley has spent years putting the younger talent over and making them look good so for me it is only right he finally got something back. I don't think he will hold the title that long anyway as I reckon he will lose it to someone such as AJ Styles.