TNA Impact's ratings

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I bring this up because I'm wondering what TNA has to do to garner better ratings? They have gone more global and they do have exciting wrestlers in their organization.

Any suggestions for them to improve?

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Maybe focus more on the in ring product rather than the backstage skits and promos. I don't know much about TV in the States, is Spike a big TV channel?

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

That is BAD. Looks like the live show attendances aren't doing much better than the TV ratings. I agree they should focus on the in ring stuff rather than backstage promos. That was the reason i stopped watching TNA and it looks like a lot more people are starting to tune out aswell.

Interesting that over 8,000 fans went to see TNA when they were in Wembley in England though. Maybe they just need to relocate! :p

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think a lot of people are just not interested in TNA. A lot of people will watch World Wrestling Entertainment and that's it. Then you have your select few that cannot stand what World Wrestling Entertainment stands for so they'll watch other products like ROH and TNA, and other independent wrestling companies.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

TNA did have a lot of momentum behind it a few years ago though. I think they really dropped the ball by losing focus on quality wrestling and taking a more WWE approach to things. Plus a lot of the old TNA fans (who would have hated WWE) probably got pissed off when they started bringing in anybody and everybody they could who used to wrestle for WWE.

I think it tried to win over WWE audiences but failed, and lost a lot of it's previous fanbase in the process.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's what happened with WCW, it worked at first with the likes of Hogan, Nash, Hall and a lot of others, but the difference of why it worked with WCW is because some of these wrestlers could still wrestle unlike Steiner and a few others that are currently in TNA. They have a good product and have talented wrestlers, but they focus on the old wrestlers on that company for the most part.

7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i think they are on the right track if booker and steiner are gone...

they brought in mcguinness...

focus on the x division bc its diff then anything the wwe offers

and if that doesnt work...well...youre screwd...

8. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I ask again about Spike, what sort of penetration is TNA getting over there? Are there markets that they are not getting to? They ought to advertise more especially now the American Football season is on so they can try get some numbers back. This weeks Impact got a 1.1 by the way.

9. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Spike used to have Monday Night RAW so its a fairly popular channel...its not the best in the world but considering where they were they should be pretty happy about having a deal with them.