TNA "iMPACT!" Thread for 10/29/09 - Hulk Hogan Debuts!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Courtesy of TNAwrestling.com:

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

TNA rating this week was a 1.3, going up against the World Series, NBA & College Football. Of course the big increase has absolutely nothing at all to do with Hogan signing now does it?

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Even though i don't like Hogan, that was the only reason i tuned in to TNA this week. I should've just skipped to the the end to watch the announcement because my god was it hard to watch.

I'll be tuning in next week just to see Hogan debut, but i don't know if i'll be watching again after that, unless things improve a WHOLE lot at TNA.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Ahhh TNA was pretty terrible, to say the least.

I absolutely don't like the new guy who started off TNA, what's his name again?

Anyways not that good of a show.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

It was an awful show. Probably not a good thing that they got so many viewers this week! Pretty sure a lot of them won't be tuning in next week...

"Desmond Wolfe" is the new guy, otherwise known as Nigel McGuinness. He is a great wrestler who can cut great promos, so i'd say watch out for him as they evolve his character. He's a bit one dimensional at the moment alright. They gave him the lamest name imaginable though :p

One thing i hate about TNA is the storylines. Why does everything have to be a mystery or a conspiracy!? I mean this week: Rhyno thinks there's a conspiracy against him, some "mystery" person keeps attacking AJ Styles, that annoying backstage announcer asking Angle "Do you think someone sent Desmond Wolfe after you???" It's not just now either, every time i tune in to TNA it seems one of Mike Tenay's most used phrases is "so many questions! Will we find out next week!?" When the answer is usually no. We won't find out. Because it seems Vince Russo is trying to write like Dan Brown for some bizarre reason.

Wrestling fans don't want cryptic conspiracies and mysteries to solve. We'd rather if stuff actually HAPPENED. That's one of the things that pisses me off most about TNA.

6. Anthony1975

It wasn't as bad as you lot are making out I thought it was a decent show.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I still need to watch the show but apparently the rating wasn't up to what TNA officials had hoped...

sources: www.f4wonline.com,
    www.pwtorch.com

WWE officials reaction to the show...apparently they were intrigued enough to watch...

8. Anthony1975

Are the WWE dickheads or what? The press conference was already accessible online so people may not have seen the need to tune in. Wait to see what happens in the coming weeks and months. And as for them saying TNA put on a horrible show they ought to look at the shite they have been producing over the last few months before criticizing others.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Well their product gets triple or quadruple the numbers Impact gets so it can't be THAT bad...can it?

I do think its too early for TNA to panick, however. The man hasn't even debuted on the show yet.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah, a lot of people probably didn't watch this week because like Anthony said the press conference was visible online and Hogan wasn't actually appearing on the show. I still watched it just to catch up on TNA (because i plan on watching Hogan's changes within the next few weeks) and to see the conference as i hadn't watched it online.

I think next week there'll be a huge jump in ratings, and if Hogan can improve the show somewhat they might be able to hang on tho those ratings within the next few months. Personally (even though i don't like TNA or Hogan) i'm pretty excited. It's the first time i've been interested in TNA for a long time.