• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 05/05/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Discuss the show here!

I know that the Jarretts are going to be calling out Velvet Sky related to the whole Kurt Angle "mistress" angle...I think he had said that whoever she is, she'll be appearing this week?

Mexican America has something planned for Cinco De Mayo.

"The Network" angle is continuing with Hogan/Bischoff...not sure if anything will be revealed tonight. I'm just hoping that it isn't what I'm expecting as far as who's behind all of that...it's too obvious and sucky, but it'll probably happen lol. My guess -
Dixie Carter

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I know that the Jarretts are going to be calling out Velvet Sky related to the whole Kurt Angle "mistress" angle...I think he had said that whoever she is, she'll be appearing this week?
I think they should wait a week or so for the match between the two to develop... since there should be a match at Sacrifice between the two of them.

I am personally excited to see what happens, if anything, with Daniels and Styles. They seem to be stalling out with Bully Ray...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I am personally excited to see what happens, if anything, with Daniels and Styles. They seem to be stalling out with Bully Ray...
If by stalling out you mean slowing the feud down, that doesn't seem to be the case. I mean Styles made a main event run-in to beat down Bully Ray last week.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like next week we'll find out who the Network mole is and Angle mistress is. Should be awesome...maybe. Depends who they are haha

No offense to this show but I'm moreso looking forward to next week haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sounds like next week we'll find out who the Network mole is and Angle mistress is. Should be awesome...maybe. Depends who they are haha

No offense to this show but I'm moreso looking forward to next week haha
I'm looking more forward to next week, as well. I mean we've got Angle's Mistress and whoever is working with the Network waiting in the wings.

I liked that the show had a little focus on the X-Division, that Lethal was mentioned on a couple of different occasions, and that Kendrick led a charge of him, Amazing Red, and Generation Me to yell at Bischoff. Could lead to something interesting. Bischoff: "The secret for you guys...grow about a foot and a half!" Small backstage segment that could lead to a nice spotlight on the X-Division.

Bobby Roode's promo at the beginning was gold, as usual. Any time they give that guy a mic lately I'm drawn in..the fact that out of all of Fortune he's the one talking straight to Hogan is a great sign for him, IMO.

Cool seeing the debut of a new Luchador in the X-Division, Sangriento...however, I just read that
He's Amazing Red
while looking him up on Wikipedia.
What's the point, then? lol we've got him as Sangriento fighting Suicide, who's someone else at this point...wtf.

Other than this, the show was just kind of "eh." I'm happy for Velvet Sky that she could get a double DDT win in the main event, though. And it's always good to see AJ and Daniels as a tag team again...I'd be all about Dreamer "turning heel" if it wasn't his usual tug-on-heartstrings-it's-for-my-family bullshit. I wish he was really into it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Other than this, the show was just kind of "eh." I'm happy for Velvet Sky that she could get a double DDT win in the main event, though. And it's always good to see AJ and Daniels as a tag team again...I'd be all about Dreamer "turning heel" if it wasn't his usual tug-on-heartstrings-it's-for-my-family bullshit. I wish he was really into it.
I thought that was bull. Dreamer as a heel is really stupid. I don't see it as a viable alternative for him, and I don't see it going anywhere.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought that was bull. Dreamer as a heel is really stupid. I don't see it as a viable alternative for him, and I don't see it going anywhere.
He would fit into the framework of Immortal if he was serious about being a heel...it would be refreshing and if they're going to use him at all I'd much rather it be as a heel. However, it's going to be another one of those storylines that both companies have used before, ala HBK and JBL, "I have to help you do evil things but I don't want to."

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read the spoilers on who the mistress was, I won't say anything though. I can't wait till they reveal it though since I want to know your thoughts on who it is.

Please don't spill the beans to anyone if you do know who it is.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He would fit into the framework of Immortal if he was serious about being a heel...it would be refreshing and if they're going to use him at all I'd much rather it be as a heel. However, it's going to be another one of those storylines that both companies have used before, ala HBK and JBL, "I have to help you do evil things but I don't want to."
The latter is what I think will occur, to be honest.

The end of the show was interesting in two parts...

1) They answered the rumor of the Network Exec showing up next week. It won't be Goldberg. He was on my list, but now I can take him off of it. I have one idea, and I'm pretty set on that, and it isn't a recent WWE release.

2) I think I have Ms. Angle's candidates down to two. Both of which are NOT current TNA employees. One is Isis the Amazon (remember her from the failed NXT?) She could be it. But I have another idea that I have just started thinking about today. TNA doesn't have the balls to do it, though.

And no, I haven't read the spoilers.