• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 04/07/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV!

For weeks, Mr. Anderson has been playing cat and mouse with Hulk Hogan and Immortal. Is this the week Anderson makes his move to Hogans group?

Bully Ray put AJ Styles out of action. Christopher Daniels shows up for revenge...but at what price?
Discuss this Thursday's show and its results here! What are you looking forward to the most?

For me, it's definitely seeing more out of my boy Christopher Daniels. I'm hoping that it's a week of retribution for him and Fortune.

The main event set-up with Sting vs. Anderson vs. RVD has been great and intense, I can't wait to see what's next for them. The brief preview above teases about whether Anderson would join Immortal or not, but I doubt that it will happen at this point. It would definitely be entertaining if he did, though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I hope Daniels gets a match or something like that. His return was rather epic last week, and to have him not have a match would be stupid.

I just want this Love/Winter story to end now. So stupid.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think the story is just fine, it's different from the norm with TNA's awesome knockout division...it's challenging Angelina to step up with some unique acting (and Winter with some acting crazy), and they're excelling. It's not like it's magic or anything, so it's semi-believable.

Other thoughts on the show:

--I had kind of guessed that Sabin and Shelley would wrestle in the X-Division (like Gen Me also ended up doing). I honestly think that even though they're one of the greatest tag teams around, it's a good thing. They can always go back to Tag Team Wrestling, and they'll help this new X-Division rebirth take flight. Good match with him, Suicide, and Kendrick vs. Gen Me and Robbie E. I guess Max is a full fledged heel now vs. Jeremy as a face, I like it.

--Daniels being back is pure awesome. He had a great match against Bully Ray, and Hulk Hogan interfering to cost him that match is great for his career. Always happy to see him do the BME, love it.

--Gunner slapping Rob Terry and Murphy was pretty hilarious. Hogan: "Champ, slap them!"

--The TV title should really be temporarily on Gunner, though. Having guys like Christopher Daniels, Joe, Pope, etc. holding it and feuding could really make it a solid mid-card title. Picture of Joe and Pope's continuing feud was for it.

--RVD was funny and intense in his assault/mind games with Mr. Anderson. He had a great night.

--Anderson really had me thinking he'd join Immortal out of desperation after talking with Hogan, but I wasn't surprised in the least when the guys came to the ring that he assaulted them...him using Hogan just fits his character.

--I'm loving Mexican America.

viLky

ykLiv
I haven't been keeping up with TNA lately; do you happen to know when Jeff Hardy is suppose to return to the show? I read somewhere that he was due back early April (around now?). Is TNA coping well without him being on the show?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Do you know why he's gone, Vilk? Read the "Jeff Hardy Situation" thread in the TNA section here.

He was sent home from the month of tapings after Victory Road, and story-wise he was kicked out of Immortal and his belt was thrown out of the ring by Hogan.

I don't know if/when he'll be back, or what TNA will want to do with him.

IMO, they're doing great without Jeff...I mean having Christopher Daniels back, now there's a guy that deserves the face time. Fortune is thriving as faces. Matt Hardy, Bully Ray, Abyss, and Flair are making Immortal look great in matches. We're watching Hernandez's new Mexican America stable start off and it's doing great...the knockouts division is doing really well with multiple storylines, the X-Division is being re-tooled, and the British Invasion returned to the tag division. The main event is on fire with Sting as champion, and Mr. Anderson/RVD bringing a big level of intensity to the current 3-way feud. I think we're ok without Jeffro right now, haha.

viLky

ykLiv
Aye, I saw the Sting vs Hardy --- Whaat? video on YouTube a month back. I was just curious what TNA did with him afterward. I wasn't sure if they just sent him home that day and he was able to come back after, if he was fired, if he was dealing with real life issues or whatever else. He seems to be shrouded in mystery at the moment.

I'm glad TNA is doing well, I try to watch some of their matches on the TNA channel on YouTube. I just haven't been up to speed of late. Thanks for the update, Unity! =D

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Aye, I saw the Sting vs Hardy --- Whaat? video on YouTube a month back. I was just curious what TNA did with him afterward. I wasn't sure if they just sent him home that day and he was able to come back after, if he was fired, if he was dealing with real life issues or whatever else. He seems to be shrouded in mystery at the moment.

I'm glad TNA is doing well, I try to watch some of their matches on the TNA channel on YouTube. I just haven't been up to speed of late. Thanks for the update, Unity! =D
Yeah, he was legitimately impaired by drugs or alcohol during his match with Sting in the main event at Victory Road...there doesn't seem to be any mystery to that, so you won't be seeing him on iMPACT right now and the future is cloudy.

TNA isn't doing great, but they've recently broken some of their own top ratings (I think when Sting returned). There are some good things to watch for on Thursday nights, I hope you can start tuning and helping us analyze the show each week Vilk!