• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 03/31/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Discuss Thursday's iMPACT here!

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV! only mentioned the following in their preview (I'm paraphrasing):

-Kurt Angle signed on for the match with Jarrett at Lockdown, will he seek further revenge?

-With Sting as TNA champion, Immortal will stop at nothing to de-throne him. What will Immortal's next step be?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This Thursday will be very interesting, to say the least. Lockdown is growing to be an interesting card, and I wonder if it will get any better.

Will Anderson become a heel in the near future? It is seeming as if... They wouldn't have an face v face for the championship at the PPV.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Will Anderson become a heel in the near future? It is seeming as if... They wouldn't have an face v face for the championship at the PPV.
Is this more spoiler stuff? Officially the Number 1 contender-ship is still up in the air. Anderson hasn't been named as competing for the title at the PPV yet.

As far as I know it looks like he'll be staying a tweener for now, even though he gets heat against Stinger.

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
This will probably be a good episode. I'm fairly new to TNA (started watching a few weeks before Hardy's heel turn), but I'm picking up on it pretty fast. I haven't seen Sting since WCW, so right now I'm just sucking it all in. I'm digging him as champ, but I'm also digging Immortal.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Is this more spoiler stuff? Officially the Number 1 contender-ship is still up in the air. Anderson hasn't been named as competing for the title at the PPV yet.

As far as I know it looks like he'll be staying a tweener for now, even though he gets heat against Stinger.
Tweener was the term I meant. Full on heel turns are hard to predict. Maybe Anderson is acting crazy and mean to get into Immortal, and then he will tear them apart from the inside?

Regardless, here are my thoughts...

DANIELS IS BACK! He returned last night after the main event while Immortal was beating on Fortune and RVD, Anderson and Stinger.

I am soooo happy about that. The rest of the night doesn't even compare... although I am happy that Douglas Williams is back being a heel with Magnus. WHERE THE FREAKING HELL IS DESMOND WOLFE?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought it was really a great Impact all around this week.

The whole Angelina/Winter thing is interesting; Winter does a great job at being creepy as hell.

Shannon Moore has been interesting as heel, isn't doing too badly. Big Poppa Pump was fun as usual...and FINALLY The British Invasion is back! It's about time!!! I'm looking forward to that 4-way Tag Team match at Lockdown, and really hoping that Wolfe will end up being involved on the Invasion's behalf.

Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck was a lot of fun; a true X-Divsion match and a continuing sign that the Division might return to it's prominence this year. Even though they make a really good tag team, I think they're needed more in the X-Division right now. Feuding brothers always adds a dimension of interest, as well.

The feud between Sting, RVD, and Anderson is intense. They're doing an awesome job with it. The way that it added to the 3 of them being on a team in the main event was really cool...usually wrestling companies will have a team of rivals coexist and then attack each other after the match; this cage match was chaotic to say the least, and Anderson/Sting added a huge amount of entertainment by beating the crap out of each other during and after. RVD's assault on Anderson backstage was pretty cool, too. I'm really looking forward to the Title match at Lockdown.

Fortune was awesome and intense, I really liked it. When they had been on the phone with someone earlier that night, I figured it was AJ making an early return at the end of the night...but DANIELS?!?! I marked out big time on that one, haha. Daniels is probably my personal favorite TNA Original, and I've always thought that he's been overlooked and underestimated. To have him save Sting, RVD, and Fortune from Immortal at the end of the show was just huge for him. Even if after all of this is done he returns to the X-Division, it's still epic to have The Fallen Angel back in action.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I thought it was really a great Impact all around this week.

The whole Angelina/Winter thing is interesting; Winter does a great job at being creepy as hell.
Hmm... I find this to be a way too Russo storyline. It makes no sense. I enjoyed Winter's stalking Angelina bit, but her being controlled by Winter is stupid.

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
I watched this last night, but seeing as I was pretty drunk by the time I finished, I decided not to post about it since it would probably make no sense.

All in all, it was a very good episode. This episode just proves how much better TNA is than WWE.

I'm digging the Velvet Sky/Winter feud, and both can pull it off in the ring and on the mic.