• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 02/17/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Here's our TNA wrestling iMPACT thread for the week...discuss your predictions and analysis of the show here!

Several interesting points we'll be seeing tomorrow night are: the return of Ric Flair, RVD vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Title (TNA has been going the same direction as WWE with a lot of title defenses on television lately), Hernandez's in-ring return, and analysis of Kurt Angle leaving his boots in the middle of the ring after his match on Sunday.

While RVD vs. Jeff Hardy is the big match that needs build, Mr. Anderson needs his rematch. I'm sure he'll make that known, and I hope that they work him into the next PPV.

from www.tnawrestlnig.com:
Thursday: Hardy v. RVD For The World Title

BEFORE THE BELL: PREVIEW THURSDAY'S HUGE TNA iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV: JEFF HARDY VS. ROB VAN DAM FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

It's the aftermath of Against All Odds this Thursday on iMPACT, featuring a huge match six months in the making! Watch the Before The Bell special below!

- This past Sunday at Against All Odds, Jeff Hardy regained the World Title from Mr. Anderson! Now, just days after the PPV, Hardy will defend the championship on Thursday's iMPACT against Rob Van Dam! Will Van Dam get his revenge AND regain the World Title? Six months in the making, Jeff Hardy has run from RVD at every opportunity and Immortal has thrown obstacle after obstacle in RVD's path. This Thursday, RVD gets his chance as he faces Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship! Don't miss this huge main event bout!

- After losing to Jeff Jarrett at Against All Odds, how will Kurt Angle react to what happened? Not only does he not get his kids back, but now he is forced to walk his ex-wife Karen down the aisle when she renews her wedding vows with Jeff Jarrett on March 3!

WATCH VIDEO: BEFORE THE BELL
- "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair makes his return to iMPACT - the question is, how will he react to Fortune and their war with Immortal? Was Flair aware of AJ's decision? Tune in and find out!

- iMPACT will also feature the in-ring return of Hernandez, who not only cost Matt Morgan his shot at the World Title, but also brutalized "The Blueprint" at Sunday's PPV!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why is RVD and Hardy being wasted on free TV? They've been building to this huge TNA title match for months...needs to be saved for PPV!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Why is RVD and Hardy being wasted on free TV? They've been building to this huge TNA title match for months...needs to be saved for PPV!
Exactly, you've got TNA giving shots to guys like Morgan and now RVD on Television instead of building a feud and showcasing it on PPV. You've got the WWE doing title matches between Edge and Dolph Ziggler every week...it's stupid on both ends.

I wonder if TNA's doing this because of lower PPV buy-rates, or just because Vince Russo is stupid? Haha I already know your answer.
------
I just saw on twitter (through a discussion between Matt Hardy and Shane Helms, actually) that Matt Hardy will face AJ Styles tonight.

I'm looking forward to it, personally! Always fun to see a match between two people that haven't gone one-on-one before.

I'm also interesting because of the participants: I want to see if AJ's in good ring-shape and injury free, and how Matt does after losing so much weight. He really brought it at Against All Odds this weekend, it was one of his best matches in well over a year.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
it was one of his best matches in well over a year.
That really isn't saying much... :lol:

But hopefully this M. Hardy/AJ match is good tonight. The potential is there.

Ever thought about RVD/AJ? The potential is there, nice face/face feud idea.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
OKay so Ric Flair turned (or stayed) heel against Fortune and will remain with Immortal; which I think is a terrible decision. I understand Flair wanting to be a heel but I loved him with those guys.

I thought Anderson was on fire last night as well. Definitely going to be involved with the TNA title in the near future.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
OKay so Ric Flair turned (or stayed) heel against Fortune and will remain with Immortal; which I think is a terrible decision. I understand Flair wanting to be a heel but I loved him with those guys.

I thought Anderson was on fire last night as well. Definitely going to be involved with the TNA title in the near future.
I agree with both points. Keeping Flair heel was stupid... and AJ/Flair next week. Five bucks says he gets cut open within five minutes.

Anderson/RVD/Hardy would be an insane triple threat at the next PPV. Which I believe is Victory Road.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree about Flair staying heel...it's really not necessary. The only benefit I can see is putting Fortune more over as faces through the act of betrayal and having to deal with the man who formed them in the first place as an enemy. But the benefits of having him stay a part of the group far outweighs those. It really was a surprise to me, I didn't expect it to happen (until he came out, obviously).

It creates a good dynamic with him and AJ especially because they've been a unit for over a year.

Anderson was nuts, a regular Stone Cold, on Thursday. Mic Checks for everyone! lol. It fits his personality that he and RVD would clash when the title's involved.