• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 02/10/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
From

Preview: Thursday's iMPACT On SpikeTV

Preview: Thursday's iMPACT On SpikeTV

PREVIEW: THURSDAY'S HUGE TNA iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV

- The TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line on Thursday as Mr. Anderson defends against "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan! The winner of the bout will defend the gold this Sunday at Against All Odds on Pay-Per-View in a Ladder Match against Jeff Hardy!

- Jeff Jarrett is also scheduled to face Kurt Angle at Against All Odds on Sunday! On Thursday's broadcast, they will make it official with a contract signing! The question is, will all hell break loose between Jarrett and Angle with Karen in attendance?

- Speaking of Jarrett, he will team with Jeff Hardy for a huge tag team bout on Thursday's broadcast against AJ Styles and Robert Roode of Fortune! Will Immortal try to get revenge on Fortune?

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

TNA Wrestling returns to Pay-Per-View this Sunday, February 13 with "Against All Odds" live from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida!
Awesome that AJ Styles can compete...I'm still wondering how he's doing with that injury. Strange he's in the ring again. It rocks that Roode gets the spot with him in representing the newly face Fortune.

My only other thoughts are "Why is Matt Morgan getting a title shot now?" Kind of random...I can see the reasoning with the way he helped Anderson to win it, but with current Immortal "ownership" it makes no sense. I wonder if there will be more of a story behind the match and Morgan's involvement in everything. There's still no Title match for the PPV yet, so maybe Morgan will be involved if it's some sort of 3 or 4 way dance.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't get the Morgan involvement either, but I think they are just being fair to the guy. He was never really given a full pushing chance. But I don't see the title changing, Morgan turning, or anything to that nature. Mr. Anderson/Hardy sounds like a safe bet for Sunday.

I wonder what threesome will be in the X-Division qualification match this week for the four way for the X Division title at AAO....

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Someone help me remember. I know that Suicide and Robbie E were in the match. Who's the third?

I'm happy to see Suicide back, actually, because last that I checked it was Kiyoshi under the mask. Everyone knows I think that Kiyoshi deserves more of a chance in the X-Division.

Sometime, Matt Morgan will get the title and a giant push with it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't this year.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Someone help me remember. I know that Suicide and Robbie E were in the match. Who's the third?
Kendrick. I think it's Kendrick. I only saw the non-spoiler match listing, not the full spoilers.

I'm happy to see Suicide back, actually, because last that I checked it was Kiyoshi under the mask. Everyone knows I think that Kiyoshi deserves more of a chance in the X-Division.
I'm happy to see Daniels back, too. Yes, it is DANIELS as Suicide this time.

Sometime, Matt Morgan will get the title and a giant push with it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't this year.
I'd be surprised if it was. I don't get good vibes from Morgan.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Kendrick. I think it's Kendrick. I only saw the non-spoiler match listing, not the full spoilers.
I'm a huge fan of Kendrick, I really want to see him in the ring more often. His current persona is so entertaining it's ridiculous, lol.

And about your second point:

And thanks for spoiling that for me. You had already spoiled that someone from ROH was coming, and now I know who it is and what's up with Suicide...so if any unmasking takes place (which wouldn't be surprising since Daniels is so over with TNA fans), I get to "go mild about it." I'm really getting tired of all of the spoilers around here. :mad: :shake:

Anyway, you should probably edit your post and wrap spoiler tags around the Daniels reveal.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
And about your second point:

And thanks for spoiling that for me. You had already spoiled that someone from ROH was coming, and now I know who it is and what's up with Suicide...so if any unmasking takes place (which wouldn't be surprising since Daniels is so over with TNA fans), I get to "go mild about it." I'm really getting tired of all of the spoilers around here. :mad: :shake:

Anyway, you should probably edit your post and wrap spoiler tags around the Daniels reveal.
Done. Sorry about that.

I honestly am not expecting a huge Daniels reveal as Suicide. It may just be a one time thing since he is with ROH under contract

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Done. Sorry about that.

I honestly am not expecting a huge Daniels reveal as Suicide. It may just be a one time thing since he is with ROH under contract
They seem to be regrowing the X-Division right now, so I could see him staying long-term, either as the character (which was surprisingly over) or as himself (even more over with TNA fans than the Suicide character).

A one-timer is a possibility, but I don't see the point. If they wanted Suicide once they could have just kept using Kiyoshi.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They seem to be regrowing the X-Division right now, so I could see him staying long-term, either as the character (which was surprisingly over) or as himself (even more over with TNA fans than the Suicide character).

A one-timer is a possibility, but I don't see the point. If they wanted Suicide once they could have just kept using Kiyoshi.
I loved Daniels as Suicide more. Felt more fluid and better for the character of Suicide. Kiyoshi could use a push by himself.

And about a regrowth of the X-Div, I like the idea. But an idea and getting it done is different.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hope it's a good show. Random that Morgan is getting a title shot. Maybe Bischoff wants Anderson softened up when he pits Hardy against him...if that's what he's doing.

I'm mostly looking forward to what happens with Angle and friends and Fortune.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Hope it's a good show. Random that Morgan is getting a title shot. Maybe Bischoff wants Anderson softened up when he pits Hardy against him...if that's what he's doing.

I'm mostly looking forward to what happens with Angle and friends and Fortune.
Agreed, for sure.

I wonder if there's any percentage of a percentage of a chance that Matt Morgan would rejoin Fortune as a face faction? Can't imagine Flair saying "you were right," but you never know.

With Crimson as their "enforcer," I'd doubt it at this point.

I hope the show starts with new faces in those awesome Fortune t-shirts (I still need to get one).