• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT Thread for 02/03/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Should be a good show this week! The new "They" will be arriving, as well as the TNA World Heavyweight Title being on the line!

I really hope that Anderson retains...you all know I'm big on Immortal and happy with Jeff Hardy as a heel, but Anderson deserves this more right now and needs a lengthy reign. I know that RVD vs Hardy is down the line as a big main event, but it could be done non-title.

***I'll put this in spoilers just in case people haven't read any of our discussion about possible "They" scenarios. Please do the same when you post about "them," just in case there are posters out there that don't want the surprise ruined! Note that this isn't an actual spoiler from the show, and that I don't want to read any! lol***

The general consensus, and my best guess still, is that "They" are a newer incarnation of the Main Event Mafia. I'll be so stoked if that's the case, and they can work just fine as a face stable.

I'm still happy that Crimson is involved with the new "they." This upstart has impressed me so far, and as I've said he looked solid in the ring last week.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of the individual that returned to TNA last week. I'm a fan.

If Hulk Hogan plans on regaining some of his legal power from Dixie, I hope that it's done so on the show itself.

from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV! :

This Thursday, February 3 is going to be one of the biggest "iMPACT!" broadcasts in recent TNA history!

- According to Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan plans on regaining his power from TNA President Dixie Carter! What will happen this Thursday? What's next in their legal war?

- Plus, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as titleholder Mr. Anderson defends against former champ Jeff Hardy of Immortal!

- And THEY are coming??...but who this time?! We'll find out on Thursday night!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

TNA Wrestling returns to Pay-Per-View on Sunday, February 13 with "Against All Odds" live from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The potential for this show is HUGE, but I wonder if it will leave TNA fans wanting more. The more I think about the more potential for who THEY are, the more I think that there are too many heels in TNA right now and not enough faces. Clearly they need to fix that.

For me its either bring in ex-WWE guys or change from within.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've got family coming in today, but I'm so stoked about this show. Trying to figure out if I'll just try to step aside and watch it, or what.

I hate missing important wrestling shows haha!

KSF, with what you said, are you giving away that they're going to be heels? I know that you've read spoilers, so please just be careful in what you say around here until the show is over.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
KSF, with what you said, are you giving away that they're going to be heels? I know that you've read spoilers, so please just be careful in what you say around here until the show is over.
Regarding the new THEY? No. I know they have to be faces. The question is to bring in new guys as faces or use some of the current roster as faces.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Overall it was a great show, I can't go too deep into detail right now because of family being around.

Spoilers Below.

Great to see the X-Division going as it is with these qualifiers. Next week we'll see Suicide return (which was last Kiyoshi, so glad to see him), to face Brian Kendrick and Robbie E. This week's Triple Threat was great stuff.

As far as the "They" results, I haven't thought of that as an idea and kind of figured it out during the beginning of the show (as Roode and AJ talked to Bischoff). I'm really happy with Fortune leaving Immortal and going face...it works, it's an idea we've all considered before to be good, and to be honest it might work a lot better for TNA's current landscape. I'm happy to have Steiner back, and Angle/Crimson involved, but to have four of TNA's best originals as a face group might be better than some older stars being around again. I'll miss MEM's music/theme/and some members, but pushing Fortune further is a good idea for TNA's youth. I was pretty stoked about it! and glad that AJ is at least doing well enough physically to deliver the Styles Clash.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
As far as the "They" results, I haven't thought of that as an idea and kind of figured it out during the beginning of the show (as Roode and AJ talked to Bischoff). I'm really happy with Fortune leaving Immortal and going face...it works, it's an idea we've all considered before to be good, and to be honest it might work a lot better for TNA's current landscape. I'm happy to have Steiner back, and Angle/Crimson involved, but to have four of TNA's best originals as a face group might be better than some older stars being around again. I'll miss MEM's music/theme/and some members, but pushing Fortune further is a good idea for TNA's youth. I was pretty stoked about it! and glad that AJ is at least doing well enough physically to deliver the Styles Clash.
Yeah. Even though I knew the result beforehand, I still marked out big time. It is easily setting up a TNA originals v. Immortal storyline. Kind of. This would have been better than MEM.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Didn't watch Impact this week but I am glad the that Fortune turned. I told everybody in a previous thread that this was what I was hoping to happen and the rassling gods listened. Missed out on a decent show unfortuanetly. Hopefully this can help boost there ratings.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Didn't watch Impact this week but I am glad the that Fortune turned. I told everybody in a previous thread that this was what I was hoping to happen and the rassling gods listened. Missed out on a decent show unfortuanetly. Hopefully this can help boost there ratings.
It did boost their ratings. Last week's episode was the second most watched episode of Impact besides the 1/4/10 episode.

Rightfully so.

Apparently the Fortune turn was the plan all along.