TNA "IMPACT!" Thread for 01/22/09

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

courtesy www.tnawrestling.com:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT'S BIG “IMPACT!” BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV
    The Total Nonstop Action kicks off at 9pm et exclusively on SpikeTV

Tonight, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV for two hours of Total Nonstop Action as the road to the February 8 “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View continues.

Check out what you will see on the huge broadcast:

- After what happened this past week, the featured bout will be Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle taking on his nemesis “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles in a Tables Match!

- Plus, how will the Main Event Mafia answer Team 3D’s challenge to the matches they want at the “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View? Sources say the Mafia will answer Brother Ray and Brother Devon on Thursday night!

- Also, the Main Event Mafia attempt to get revenge as Legends Champion Booker T and “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner take on “Maple Leaf Muscle” Petey Williams and Eric Young in a tag team elimination match.

- In his first title defense, Alex Shelley puts the X Championship on the line against “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt, Sheik Abdul Bashir and his Motor City Machineguns partner Chris Sabin in a four-way match!

- In TNA Knockouts action, ODB battles Sojo Bolt of the Kongtourage

Plus, more matches will be announced for the “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View! All this and much more starting at 9pm ET on Thursday on SpikeTV!
    ------
    Sounds like a solid show this week...I'm stoked for Williams/Young vs. Booker/Steiner. 1. because the Canadian Destroyer is returning to action, and 2. because it's apparently an elimination match...nice!

The X-Division Match should be really good.

The main event, if it happens as scheduled this time, should be great. GET THE TABLES!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Unity...

What happened with the first blood match and the Angle/Styles table match? I feel asleep...I was stuck at work til 7 and was just pooped.

This show, from what I saw, was much better then last week. Sure there was only match within the first 45 minutes of the show but who's counting haha

3. Unity

The show was incredible last night.

I only had one eye on the Tables match, Millz. Angle ended up winning and brutalizing Styles. Aftewards he pledged that the MEM is going to destroy TNA one person at a time, starting next week.

The first blood match ended pretty damn well. Matt Morgan got a chair, started defending Abyss, and suddenly turned back and clocked him in the head, splitting him open so that Beer Money, Inc. could get the win. He then beat up on Abyss some more.

4. Millz

Good finish to the first blood match then...Morgan needed to turn heel and turn fast. Those guys are okay as a tag team but I wasnt really feeling it overall.

I actually wrote up some thoughts but left them at home haha

5. Unity

Haha what are you taking notes during impact? I admire that. :D

6. Millz

I've taken it upon myself to act like Lance Storm and critique Impact because I'm so hit or miss with their shows haha.

7. Unity

Haha be careful not to turn into Lance Storm. :shocked:

8. Millz

If I could be serious for a moment, what's wrong with being Lance Storm? :nod: Successful pro wrestler, lots of money, smart dude haha.

You just dont like him because he rips on TNA all the time.

9. Unity

And because he's a big friggin' nerd. :lol:

10. Millz

Yes, yes he is. What's wrong with that? I'm a dork haha.