• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA iMPACT! Thread for 01/13/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I figured we'd start the iMPACT discussions now due to the couple of surprises from Genesis and due to Karen Jarrett being on Thursday's show.

From Big News On the Jarretts and Kurt Angle :

GENESIS UPDATE: JEFF JARRETT DROPS A BOMB ON KURT ANGLE FOR THURSDAY'S IMPACT ON SPIKE TV AT 9/8c

Perhaps the most startling news coming out of last night's Genesis pay-per-view wasn't that Jeff Jarrett planned to announce his departure from MMA competition, but that he would do so this Thursday night on iMPACT!, with his wife, Karen by his side.

Jarrett taunted his long time adversary Kurt Angle when he declared, "finally, the three of us are going to celebrate together".

For those of you who are not aware, tensions between the two have been high for some time, to say the least, since Angle's divorce from Karen in 2008 and her subsequent marriage to Jarrett last August. Thursday's appearance marks Karen Jarrett's return to TNA after a long absence. A former personal valet, who eventually had her own segment called "Karen's Angle", left the show in 2008.

There is no question sparks are gonna fly as Jarrett told Angle of his plans and that, "Karen was going to come to the iMPACT! Zone, whether he liked it or not".

Don't miss what promises to be a very "special" family reunion, this Thursday, January 13 at 9PM ET/8PM CT on Spike.

ALSO ON THURSDAY'S TNA iMPACT ON SPIKE TV AT 9/8C:

On Thursday night, it's the aftermath of Genesis - don't miss the huge broadcast starting at 9/8c on SpikeTV! Can't watch it Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR so you won't miss the Total Nonstop Action!

- NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Anderson will be on the broadcast! Will it be a new era in TNA after Anderson was able to defeat Jeff Hardy on Sunday night? How will Immortal react to Anderson spoiling their plans of domination? Tune in and find out as we hear from the new Champ!

- Matt Hardy has arrived in TNA Wrestling! Is he now part of Immortal with his brother Jeff Hardy? What are his plans in TNA? Tune in and find out!

- Although Immortal lost the World Title, they still captured gold at the PPV as new TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, new X Division Champion Kazarian and new TV Champion Abyss will all be on iMPACT!

- Plus, news on the upcoming "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View event and many more of your favorite TNA Superstars, all this Thursday starting at 9/8c on SpikeTV

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just bumping the thread to remind people to watch Impact tonight!

As I mentioned in the Genesis thread, Mr. Anderson had said that Jeff Hardy's belt wasn't the "real" Heavyweight Championship. Here's hoping he picks up the old belt from Eric Young!

Also, Matt Hardy just tweeted that there will be The Hardys vs. Mr. Anderson/RVD tonight. Should be a great match to watch.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read a spoiler from the show, there's sort of a surprise that happens tonight. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but I thought it was rather stupid and pointless. I'm sure you'll know when it happens, Dan. I'm curious to know what your thoughts will be.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I read a spoiler from the show, there's sort of a surprise that happens tonight. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but I thought it was rather stupid and pointless. I'm sure you'll know when it happens, Dan. I'm curious to know what your thoughts will be.
I'll let you know, and I hope it doesn't involve Mr. Anderson losing the title!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't read any spoilers for the show so I am intrigued at what the surprise is...stupid or not haha

That's a pretty big main event though. I'll be interested to see how they use Matt Hardy and what Anderson will do now that he's the champ.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In any case, I won't have time to discuss this over the weekend.

Scott Steiner is back, I have no idea why they would bring him back. TNA has to stop brining back these old-timers(no offense scott) but they need to make a youth movement. Bringing Scott Steiner back is not the way to do so, and he's pretty washed up, and can barely move. I love his promo's because he's so damn stupid and he doesn't care what he says, but he can't wrestle anymore