TNA Impact Moving To Monday Nights, WWE Comments

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's official and WWE comments on the return of the Monday Night Wars!

Variety has confirmed that TNA will announce later today that Impact will be moving to Monday nights at 9PM ET starting on March 8th. The show will run head-to-head against RAW, thus reigniting the Monday night [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]wrestling[/COLOR][/COLOR] wars. The show will be live every other week, and taped the other weeks.

"It's a little bit of history repeating itself," Bischoff said. "This is a great opportunity for TNA to step up and get noticed and showcase their product. I've said since the moment I started talking to Dixie, in my opinion we should go head-to-head with 'Monday Night Raw.' To me, it's a battlefield -- and to win the battle, you have to be on the battlefield."

[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR]

spokesperson Robert Zimmerman said WWE isn't too concerned about the move.

"We're not too concerned," Zimmerman said. "We're in good shape."
Source 411Mania..

Not much was said, but I don't believe this scares WWE one bit, I think their looking forward to the challenge. I know as a WWE fan I am definitely looking forward to it.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
This is cool for any wrestling fan period, we're the ones who actually win regardless of the result.

As for going up against the WWE on Monday? That is very risky for TNA, I think WWE needs to be challenged, so we can get the writers to really think.

Still, you don't get anywhere in life without taking risks.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
War is defined as an active struggle between competing entities. There is no competition here. Its like The 700 Club claiming they are gonna run between 9pm and 11pm on Monday nights and claim they are at war with the WWE. They are not. They are not competition. TNA getting a 1.5 is not gonna do a damn thing. It will not cause channel surfing, at least not on a scale that would be considered warring.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Yeah, it's definitely a HUGE risk on TNA's part, but if it doesn't work out, it's not like they're going to go out of business or anything, they can just go back to their old time slot and continue to build a solid fanbase.

The only issue here is Hogan talking it up like he's going to win the war haha...if there is even a war to begin with =/

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
War? There is going to be a war? I really doubt that TNA will put a dent in Raw's ratings. The only show that puts a dent in Raw's rating is Monday Night Football. And if TNA is still rolling on Monday's during football season, they are not going to get swallowed by the WWE, TNA is going to get swallowed by Monday Night Football.