• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA Gets Huge Television Rating.....

Redman

Registered Member
TNA Gets Huge Television Rating.....

TNA scores big ratings for March 3rd Impact, Sting vs. Hardy a ratings success

On Friday afternoon, the overnight ratings for Thursday night's episode of TNA Impact came in and they were a huge success. The March 3rd episode of TNA Impact scored a 1.36 rating with a 1.32 for the first hour and a 1.41 for the second hour. The overrun of Sting vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA world title scored a 1.48. The 2/24/11 episode of TNA Impact drew a 1.26 rating while the 2/17/11 episode of Impact drew a 1.13.

Earlier today, I asked the question would Sting boost TNA's ratings now that he's the champion. The early response is an emphatic yes. A 1.48 for the title match proves that Sting is still a popular wrestler and an asset to the company. Additionally, Jeff Hardy also proves that he can "draw" as well.

The 1.36 rating is the best TNA has done since January 4th, 2010 when Hulk Hogan first came to TNA. Additionally, that was also the first night Jeff Hardy appeared in TNA along with return appearances by Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. January 4th, 2010 was the "reboot" of TNA as the Hogan-Bischoff era began and all previous storylines were forgotten.

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports...atings-success

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's definitely good news and I hope it continues.

This is exactly what the WWE needs. A little push from elsewhere.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It makes sense that Hogan's return is going to be up there with Hogan's debut...hopefully he's around for the long-term, now, because that will certainly help. Him in that classic "Vince McMahon" evil boss roll will work well. Sting being back, and winning, will hopefully draw people back into the product.

And I definitely agree with Millz: WWE steps their game up around WM but really needs that push the rest of the year not to just coast along. Successful TNA is good for us fans of the product and good for the business as a whole.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Vince wants them to do well. He's came out and said a few times and Jericho backed up the statement as well.

I think the thread title is a little misleading, this a good rating for TNA, but not a great overall rating when it comes to actual wrestling. If the WWE had this type of rating then people would be laughing at them.

But none the less, it's great to see that they're having a bit of success. I think think it was stupid to give Sting the belt though, but that's another story for another time.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Haha well subjectively huge, but still huge in some context!

Biz it's interesting to hear that Y2J had said that, as well. When did he make this comment? I love hearing about his opinions on the more backstage stuff, he's got a good mind for wrestling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read it a few weeks ago when they asked on what he thought TNA doing the same thing the WWE did with the undertaker, they asked him if he thought TNA was stealing the idea from the WWE. And he just replied by saying it was stupid for them to do something like that, and should find there own ideas. That's not the exact quote, but it was around those lines.

I'll try to find the article for you Danny.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Great news for TNA, BUT they shouldn't rest on their laurels now. They have a lot of work to do to establish themselves even more than they are.

Hopefully they build on this. Maybe go out of the rinky-dink Impact Zone more often?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Maybe go out of the rinky-dink Impact Zone more often?
That's always a tough call, I know we've talked about it before. It costs a lot for TNA to go on the road, and they have a really strong group of supportive fans in Orlando.

They've slowly been doing that more often, though, and I think with having an iMPACT done in North Carolina last week (it was successful in ratings, yes, but the crowd seemed relatively big and really into the show) we'll see it happen again soon.