TNA = Disaster?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Just to warn you in advance this is more negative then positive towards TNA. Now I only watched a bit of last night show, but I’ve trying to watch as much of TNA since Hogan and Bischoff took over. I have to say that the show has been a disaster for the most part since they took control of the company.

First off they sign all these old guys from WWF/WCW, most of them can’t barely wrestle anymore, by signing these guys they bury the young talent that do deserve to get pushed. Second they sign guys like Jeff Hardy( who’s in a middle of an extremely important trial) and RVD, both of them are really over with the fans, but also both of them are known as no-shows, and it’s already been starting with RVD who missed the PPV because he believed he was scheduled for something else(Yeah right)

Now on to the writers, why can’t they come up with different storylines is beyond me? Now if you watched Destination X, then you know the Wolfpac as been reformed. It’s been done before, why don’t you think of something different and more entertaining instead? Fans want something different not WCW version 2. Then the whole thing with the hole in the ring was just terrible. Also they keep changing the wrestlers from face to heel in every shows, you never know what they are for most of the roster.

Now on to Flair, the guy as to step down or just take it easy. The man is going to die in the ring if he doesn’t and I’m actually not kidding. I don’t mind him as a manager I guess, but when he starts hitting himself in the face to start bleeding it’s just to much.

The X-Division is exciting, but some of these guys have to stop taking major risk, if you watch the match at Destination X then you probably saw a few spots that made you cringe, they can still entertaining the fans without putting each others lives in danger.

All in all I think TNA is a failure, they have a few good things going for them but the negative out-shines the positive. If they keep this up I don’t think they’ll be able to survive, especially if Vince and the WWE decide to take it up a notch.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

TNA was already a failure as soon as they decided to start copying the WWE.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

You know, i've never liked TNA. For all of 2009 i thought it was a disaster of a company, but i've loved it since Hogan and Bischoff took over. The March 8th and 15th episodes (i haven't seen last night's one yet) were two of the most entertaining wrestling shows i've seen in a long time.

Yes, certain aspects of the show has become more trash tv than anything, but i love it. it's not sophisticated or smart in any way but it's fun! Stuff like Abyss chokeslamming Flair through the ramp might put some people off watching TNA, but i thought it was awesome! (though the fact i've always despised Ric Flair might have helped :p)

However. This type of tv isn't gonna get them big ratings. They shouldn't have moved to monday nights, they could have maintained solid, not huge, but solid ratings on thursday nights and maybe developed a good fanbase before making the move.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly, I'm still in the middle right now. I hate Jeff Hardy and dont really care what he does. I always hated him. I always hated Mr Crapperson (Anderson/Kennedy, who gives a shit).

Some stuff is good and other stuff is crap. That's the way WWE is on occasion too.

The first week TNA was live on Monday I watched their show right after RAW went off the air. The past two weeks I didnt. I was going to watch TNA last night but for some reason didnt care enough of what happened to watch it after RAW. I'm sure I'll get around to it but I dont find it urgent.

It's time to at least give it a shot...not all of it is bad. Sure, Tomko is a fatass, Hardy is a douchebag and Anderson is the most annoying man on planet earth but that's wrestling. Take the good with the bad. Quite honestly Ric Flair is the most entertaining part of that show IMO. I love that guy.

5. Ramiel

Ramiel Registered Member

TNA going to do what they want and no one can stop them. If Ric wants to bleed. Then thats his pick. They have some great people on that show. Hulk is pushing Abyss the right way and it is showing.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I'm the same with Millz, I don't find TNA as urgent as let's say RAW or Smackdown.

I look forward to RAW. I watch TNA when it's on....

What I'm liking so far on TNA is Abyss's push, they're doing a solid job on that.

I don't want to say it's a disaster, but it definitely needs alot of work done.

7. artk

artk Registered Member

Since Hogan and Bischoff took over, I haven't watched WWE at all. I find myself actually looking forward to Monday night again. While WWE is loaded with talent, the shows just feel stale. Sure TNA has a lot of older wrestlers, but most of them were my favorites from back in the day. So no, TNA isn't a disaster...it's putting out a good product that I see as only getting better.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

See that's one of my biggest turns off, Razor Ramon/Scott Hall back in WCW was one of my favorite wrestlers as well and now I just look at him and shake my head, same thing can be said with Nash/Diesel, and a few others. It's just a shame seeing these guys trying to wrestle especially when you have their matches from WWF and WCW in your mind.

It's not the same and it's one of those things that ruin TNA in my mind.

9. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I don't mind it at all, really. I'll use a couple of examples to illustrate why. And it's more of a personal preference, I can understand your view totally BR. I was so sick of Flair towards the end of his wrestling.

I think of older wrestlers in Japan (such as Keiji Mutoh (The Great Muta) during his recent run in New Japan. The fans loved him, even though he wasn't in the best shape of his life. The older wrestlers seem to get a lot of respect over there.

The same goes with Sting and The Undertaker in my book. Both aren't as out of shape as Hall (in fact, I think both are in great shape for their age, especially Taker), but as they get older I'll still love 'em as long as they wrestle. Losing skills of the past (as you said with Hall not being the same) is unfortunate, but it still can be a lot of fun to have these veterans around if they're still entertaining.

I think with Hall it's just a personal opinion. Fact is definitely that he's beat up his body and isn't in great shape, but a ton of people are glad to have him around, myself included!

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Its not like TNA is forgetting about their younger stars though. Look at AJ Styles, for example.

Sure, they are pushing some older dudes and keeping them on television but they aren't forgetting about Styles, Hernandez, Morgan, etc etc...u get the point without me naming them all.

Their direction is hit or miss but it could be a lot worse.