TNA brings back two superstars, couple others debut

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, May 28, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow, TNA is really going back to its roots and also adding some talent to their roster.

TNA is hyping the returns below for tonight but I'll spoiler tag everything anyways. I'll also spoiler tag the dark match that featured 2 former WWE wrestlers.

FORMER WORLD CHAMPIONS RAVEN AND SHANE DOUGLAS RETURN TO THE 'iMPACT ZONE' AND A BRAND NEW KNOCKOUT CROSSES THE LINE TO TNA WRESTLING TONIGHT AT 9PM ET/PT ON SPIKE
    [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]NASHVILLE[/COLOR][/COLOR], Tenn., May 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling's "TNA iMPACT" will host three former world champions and crown a new leader of the Main Event Mafia this Thursday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Spike.
    Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Raven and former World Champion Shane Douglas will both appear live in the "iMPACT Zone," returning to TNA Wrestling tonight as the road to the "Slammiversary 2009" pay-per-view event unfolds. Former Women's World Champion Lisa Marie, formerly Victoria, will shake up the TNA Knockouts division in her TNA Wrestling debut.
    Raven is a multiple time TNA Champion and five-year veteran of TNA, having arrived shortly after the very beginning of TNA Wrestling. Douglas served as a jack-of-all-trades on "iMPACT," both as a manager, wrestler and interviewer. Lisa Marie is a two-time Womens Champion.
    TNA legend "The Icon" Sting will also take control of the Main Event Mafia, having pinned Kurt Angle in a four-way main event at TNA's "Sacrifice" pay-per-view to become the new "[COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Godfather[/COLOR][/COLOR]" of the MEM. TNA World Heavyweight Champion and Executive [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Shareholder[/COLOR][/COLOR] Mick Foley retained his title at "Sacrifice," but will continue his bitter feud with TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett.
    TNA will hold two qualifying matches for its five-man "King of the Mountain" [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]ladder[/COLOR][/COLOR] match at "Slammiversary." Also on hand for "iMPACT" will be 22-time World Tag Team Champions Team 3D, who will award the winners of the Team 3D Tag Team Invitational, Beer Money, Inc

-- Former WWE superstars Elijah Burke and Shawn "Gavin" Spears are backstage at tonight's TNA iMPACT! tapings and expected to wrestle. These two join Shane Douglas Raven and former WWE Diva Victoria as fresh faces TNA brought to television this week.

Former WWE/ECW superstars Elijah Burke and Shawn Spears worked a dark match at Wednesday night's TNA iMPACT! taping. Burke got the win and a huge reaction from the [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Orlando[/COLOR][/COLOR] crowd.
    Jeremy Borash posted the following on his Twitter page late last night: Shawn Spears wrestled Elijah Burke tonight at Orlando [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]tv[/COLOR][/COLOR] tapings. Neither one has yet to be offered a [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]deal[/COLOR][/COLOR] but were said to have impressed.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally dont believe that Douglas as much to offer anymore, he's washed up in my opinion. But the signing of Raven could be interested, he's talented and brings a lot to the table. I am happy for Burke and hopefully he'll get the chance he deserves in TNA. He's a good wrestler, but didnt get the chance to show that at the WWE.

3. Millz

Definitely agree about Burke...I hope they sign him.

Victoria also debuted last night and challenged Angelina Love.

Raven sided with Stevie Richards...ECW is alive and well in TNA haha...Shane Douglas attacked Daniels in his return to TNA. God help us all.

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I'm definitely happy about Raven. I marked, big time, when he returned.

I wish I wouldn't of read this thread, though. I'm stoked about Burke but wish I hadn't of seen it coming!!! Who is this Spears guy, again?

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Raven can do wonders if TNA book him right in my opinion. I've always thought he was great because he had a good gimmick.

Burke can be an impact wrestler for the company, and maybe one day be the face of it. He has loads of talent and potential. He just needs time to show everyone, which is one thing the WWE didn't do.

6. Millz

Gavin Spears had maybe 2 or 3 matches on ECW last year I guess it was. He debuted around the same time that Swagger showed up and needless to say Swagger blew him outta the water and Spears was unimpressive. He seems to have some talent though so I hope TNA signs him.

As far as Burke goes I really hope TNA signs him...a dark match is usually a good sign but who knows we may never actually see him.

I love it that Raven is back...I enjoy both him and Richards.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Raven looked in great shape,though the same can't be said about Shane Douglas. Something tells me that we will see the creation of another Flock.