• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TNA and Samoa Joe part ways

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Samoa Joe posted this on his twitter:

I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.
Thoughts? Would you like to see him in the WWE?

Personally, I've always thought that he was vastly overrated by the IWC. So, I rather not seem him in the WWE. Can't even think who he could have a good feud with to be honest.

Baz

Bizzy said:
Samoa Joe posted this on his twitter:

I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.
Thoughts? Would you like to see him in the WWE?

Personally, I've always thought that he was vastly overrated by the IWC. So, I rather not seem him in the WWE. Can't even think who he could have a good feud with to be honest.
I don't think he'd fit in the WWE now. 4/5 years ago he probably would have but now I just can't see it. He'll end up back in ROH/Japan I think.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
He probably could have a feud with anybody and it would be awesome. Wasn't always impressed with his mic work but his in ring work is probably as good as it gets.

He seems like the kinda guy HHH would love to have and Vince, being an idiot, wouldn't be interested in.

VJ_Sportsgeek

I have a HUGE feeling he's going to join Tommy Dreamer's wrestling company/show. Those 2 know each other well, and his wrestling style would fit the hardcore motto of the show

Yokozilla

I think he'll end up back in ROH or Japan. I've noticed a lot of excitement on social media about this, but I don't really think it's a big deal to be honest. I don't remember him having any decent push over the past five years or so. When he first went into TNA I was excited, but I think TNA misused him, so hopefully he can go out on his own and have some success.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
This would be a bigger deal to me if this was 2008. That's when I first started watching TNA, and Joe was their champ at the time. Honestly, I can't remember the last good push he got. He had a decent one in early 2010, before that random group of ninjas kidnapped him (remember that?), and then I sort of liked his work with Jarrett/Sting/Nash/Pope in the summer/fall of 2010 when he was part of the huge "They" storyline. Other than that, I really can't tell you anything else of note that he did besides his pretty good match with Austin Aries at Slammiversary 2012.

But...Samoa Joe vs. Alberto El Patron would be a good match for ROH ;)

Millz said:
He probably could have a feud with anybody and it would be awesome. Wasn't always impressed with his mic work but his in ring work is probably as good as it gets.

He seems like the kinda guy HHH would love to have and Vince, being an idiot, wouldn't be interested in.
Actually, this is precisely what's going on right now. Preliminary reports suggest that Triple H is interested and is planning to offer Samoa Joe a tryout at the Performance Center but Vince has little to no interest in Joe. Given Vince's hard-on on bodybuilder looks and how out-of-touch he has been for the past couple of years, this is no surprise to me at all. Anyway, I have the feeling that Joe would turn WWE down anyway, like the previous 2 occasions.

I also think he's headed either back to Ring of Honor or he's going to New Japan. Either way, I'm sure that a program vs AJ Styles is in the books. Question is would New Japan be willing to feature a feud for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship between 2 gaijins?