• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tires don't get affected to lighting strikes!

Cyclone

You know when a tire of a car is hit by a lighting strike it dosen't get affected?
It's because "ruuber" dosen't get affected by electricty so leave yor tires but take off your hupcaps off in a lighting storm

Yeah ut's sounds like something Bam would do from VivaLaBam!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Why would you take your hubcaps off, they're made of plastc?

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
That jke was just so lame I couldn't even cracka smile. And yes it is very obvious that tires don't get affected by lighning strikes.I mean come on there RUBBER for god sake.

Doc

V.I.P.
This topic is pointless.. sadly I have no reason to close it.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
rubber doesn't conduct electricity, or anything really. Hence the usage of rubber gloves in chemistry experiments. Hub caps on the other hand..... I thought most car parts were made of aluminum so as to minimize the risk of lightning strikes. But then again, I'm an auto-illiterate, so I could be wrong.

Doc

V.I.P.
It's cheaper to make engines and stuff out of cast iron, so most are. They're all either cast iron or aluminum, though.

Shit, at one time cars were made completely from steel.

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
Tyres. is this what it's all about. Tyres.:lol: What a bullshit topic. But yeah that is kind of way obvius that tyres don't get affected by lightning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IrishLass2247 Autos 3
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Babe_Ruth Boxing / MMA 5
BigBob Wrestling 20
Babe_Ruth College Sports 1