Tips on how to get your voice back

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

As many of you know I do the Haunted House (scaring the crap out of people) thing all october long, by this time each year I usualy lose my voice from all the screaming and growling at the gusest that come through my rooms, and this year I lost my voice by the second week of October :nod: :lol: Working for more than one Haunted house a season will do that to ya.

So my question is, does anybody know of a good remedy for getting your voice back quickly?

Right now I can't talk above a whisper and the big night is almost here and I need my voice back at 100% or as close as I can get to it for that night.

So any tips or ideas on how to get my voice back would be great.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
try using a steam humidifier, or sitting in a steam-filled bathroom for a while, stay well hydrated, avoid diuretics such as caffeine (I know), and rest your vocal cords.

Hi all.

As many of you know I do the Haunted House (scaring the crap out of people) thing all october long, by this time each year I usualy lose my voice from all the screaming and growling at the gusest that come through my rooms, and this year I lost my voice by the second week of October :nod: :lol: Working for more than one Haunted house a season will do that to ya.
Really? You're at one of the haunts and didn't tell me?:mad: Which one are you scaring at?

As far as the voice, definitely rest it like Jeanie said.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I am doing a local Scouts one as well as Scarowinds (that's why I haven't been on alot this month).
Tonight is my last night at those two. I will be spending the last two days doing my own stuff. Wait till I post the pics of this year, I think you will like what I have done.

My oldes son was making fun of my voice today before he went to school. I will get him back today when he gets home. Gonna put a automaited monster in his room so when he gets home and opens his door he will get the crap scared out of him.

The new costume I made is even better than my Demon Scarecrow, the whole thing took me over 2 months to make. I tested it out last night and scared the hell out of kids with it. Wait till you see the pics.

I'm gonna try not to talk for the next two days, and do some lemon tea and stuff like that to try and get my voice back.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have that problem sometimes during my tours (and I'm a singer!).

First, don't talk. If you can avoid it. Whispering is actually worse, you might as well talk in your normal voice. I don't know why, but it has been explained to me so either I shut up or talk normally but not whisper when I want to get back my voice.

Warm ginger drink. All you need is water and ginger; boil the water, add honey if you want.

Rest.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
If you're not working at the moment the just stop talking....literally. You need your vocal cords to rest and relax, drink plenty of cool liquids that will sooth your throat.

~Shwa

Buddhz

Registered Member
Whenever I am feeling like this, a good cup of warm orange squash always helps. Caffeine free to, which is a bonus.