• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tips for a scary Halloween

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
THERE'S NO QUESTION about it: people like the thrill of being scared out of their wits. That's why they flock to horror movies, seek the biggest roller coasters, and rush to do their income taxes. Well, maybe not that last one so much.
But Halloween is the time of year that really gets us all in the mood for a high-intensity freak-out. If you have the nerve, here are 7 ways to elevate the fear factor this Halloween:

7 Ways to Have the Scariest Halloween Ever
I liked the idea of spending the night in a haunted house or touring a closed insane asylum. There are no old asylums around here but not that far away there is a haunted mansion or at least that's what I heard. Its suppose to be haunted by the ghost of Captain Leeper. It would be fun spending the night in that place with a group of course. I won't get to though I don't think the people that live there would like that.

What would you like to do for Halloween? Anything scary planned? Ever went to an asylum or something like that for Halloween?

Here's a little history on Captain Leeper.

W.T. was famous for his take-no-prisoners orders. When his own farm was ransacked with his family home, he made it a personal goal to hunt down all involved. During the battle of Pilot Knob, Leeper with direct orders from the general, searched for guerrillas and scouts, he sent several letters back recounting each kill in detail. He was eventually found incompetent and released from the Army. But his reign did not end there. W.T stayed in contact with his former unit and even helped organize the burning of Doniphan, MO.[9] It is interesting to note, only one person was not given amnesty for the crimes they committed during the War, and he served under W.T. After the war W.T. served as a member in the 25th Assembly of Missouri.
W.T. went crazy before he died. As one can imagine, he saw and took part in a lot of disturbing battles. It is rumored that he had to be tied down to stop him from battling the demons around him. He died May 19, 1912. He was 89 years old.
Although he is associated with some of the cruelest guerrilla hunt-downs in Missouri and Arkansas, he did many great things for Wayne County and Leeper. He is credited with "persuading/forcing" the railroad to go through Leeper. He served on the Committee for Education, and helped expand rural schools. Read More, Wikipedia
Captain W T Leeper had a reputation for being cruel.

Last edited:

Frenzy

Registered Member
Loved this article.

From the time I was married in 1993 up until I was divorced 7 years ago I used to host a "Haunted Woods" I've got news paper write ups and everything! lol But yeah it was amazing, I'd work to add new creepier and scary-er things each year. It started out at about a 10 minute walk through, into a 40 minute walk through. I'd have about 80 people helping out with it with all kinds of moving gadgets, zooming ghosts and even a hologram machine. Halloween was always my favorite time of year.

Alas had to sell the property in the war errrm divorce and she made sure to make all of my Halloween collections, gadgets and costumes disappear. I do miss it so.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That sounds like it would be fun, bet it took a lot of time to set up even with that many people helping. The kids probably loved it.

I wish before someone bought the Leeper Mansion I would of rented it for a few nights. It would of been fun to get a group together to spend a few nights in it ghost hunting. When it was empty it looked creepy sitting across that field. It is a three story house with the big windows and white pillars out front.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I found this video that is profiling haunted houses and tours throughout the US. I can't watch it but I thought you guys might like it.

Haunted America