• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Timofey Mozgov traded to Cavaliers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Cavs gave up two first-round picks for Timofey Mozgov.

Blatt has coached Mozgov and is in love with him. He's still in his 20s, doesn't suck and we live in a world where 7-plus-footers have high value (see Roy Hibbert). Plus, one of the picks is top-15 protected, and the other is top-18 protected, I believe. And, neither are the Cavs' regular picks they are additional picks acquired in other trades.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
He'll help them because he's better than any center on the Cavaliers right now. But, he's not a reliable option to be the primary rim protector. He's not gonna be the difference between a championship and a second round loss in the playoffs. Bad trade to trade 2 1st rounders.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are few things in sports more worthless than a non-lottery NBA draft pick - or, in some years, a pick outside the top 1 or 2.