• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Times you raged/became completely upset a wrestler was released or quit

viLky

ykLiv
To go along with Tucker's thread I bring you "Times you raged/became completely upset a wrestler was released or quit"

Some of mine:

Cherry & Domino - Not a lot of people liked these two. I don't know why, I thought they were good once they got away from Deuce. Had a fantastic theme, played their roles well and weren't too bad at getting heat. Cherry could have used some in-ring work, of course.

Kizarny - After weeks and weeks of endless promos of his arrival it seems as if there just wasn't enough time to have him develop into his own. This was WWE's fault for releasing him so soon. I believe Kizarny didn't get a fair shake in WWE.

Sean O'Haire - They had that awesome series of vignettes with the "I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know" catchphrase, and then they never did anything with him. Such a waste of a cool character.

Kurt Angle - At the time my understanding was that it was only temporary, that WWE just wanted him to get some rest because he was pushing himself too hard. But, then he signed with TNA pretty much as quickly as he could. Was I wrong about all that or did he just totally turn on them?

How about you guys?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Angle, for sure. I raged pretty hard when that happened.

Recently, I was upset with Maria and Carlito's releases. Something about their releases made me upset, maybe because Maria was my favorite diva and Carlito was just cool!

viLky

ykLiv
I agree with you about Carlito. I felt bad for the guy since his finisher, The Backbreaker, hurt him more than it did his opponent. I read a report that Carlito's dad told reporters his son was taking painkillers because he was having back problems. Poor kid. ='(

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I don't think I've ever been raged or upset that a wrestler left. Maybe annoyed and surprised.

Sean O'Haire was a big one. The man is so uber talented its not even funny. The WWE completely failed when it came to utilizing him properly. I was really annoyed when Trish Stratus and Lita left the WWE, because to me that was the final nail in the coffin of the soon to be dead women's division. :shake: And I think same goes for Muhammed Hassan, although I can't really blame the WWE there. Vince McMahon tried to hold on to him as long as he could. It's a shame really, since he had so much potential. Oh and Sareena Deeb. I was just pissed off at how she was released for not keeping up with her gimmick outside the ring. I thought that was bullcrap since I've seen her wrestle on the independent circuit and she's about 100x better than the shit in the WWE women's locker room.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
One that came to mind for me, just at being frustrating, was "The" Brian Kendrick.

The cocky gimmick full of swagger that they had given him was really, really entertaining and he did it really well. Zeke as his bodyguard at the time was a lot of fun, too.

If I remember correctly, he didn't get a chance at any meaningful feuds; he did get a shot at the tag team titles with Zeke. I was really frustrated because here's a guy that if he was bigger in size Vince wouldn't have released him, probably.

He's an underrated performer all around; even TNA, the company that is letting his personality and quirkiness really shine, aren't using him well right now.

viLky

ykLiv
One that came to mind for me, just at being frustrating, was "The" Brian Kendrick.
YES! I forgot about this fellow. It was sad to see him go since he had a fantastic gimmick in The Brian Kendrick. It was much better than when he was teaming up with Paul London being the "good guys". Remember that time he was put into the scramble match and temporary held the world (or WWE, I forgot) title? Even though he didn't officially 'hold' it, it still makes me fantasize about what could have been. I honestly could see him holding the world and/or WWE title if given more time to shine.

Boogeyman - This one didn't real upset me as oppose to I was just slightly disappointing that he was dropped. I felt he had amazing charisma and gimmick which would have worked great in the 'PG era' that is currently going on. It's true, he wasn't the BEST wrestler, but neither is The Great Khali. At least Boogey was entertaining. Haha =D

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
YES! I forgot about this fellow. It was sad to see him go since he had a fantastic gimmick in The Brian Kendrick. It was much better than when he was teaming up with Paul London being the "good guys". Remember that time he was put into the scramble match and temporary held the world (or WWE, I forgot) title? Even though he didn't officially 'hold' it, it still makes me fantasize about what could have been. I honestly could see him holding the world and/or WWE title if given more time to shine.

Boogeyman - This one didn't real upset me as oppose to I was just slightly disappointing that he was dropped. I felt he had amazing charisma and gimmick which would have worked great in the 'PG era' that is currently going on. It's true, he wasn't the BEST wrestler, but neither is The Great Khali. At least Boogey was entertaining. Haha =D
I miss Boogeyman, too. Apparently he dropped out of wrestling altogether once he was released. Not surprised.