• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time's Top 25 For 2010

Dabs

Registered Member
Time magazine's list of 25 finalists for this year's designation, which will be announced on the cover of Time magazine next month, includes:

Julian Assange
Glenn Beck
David Cameron
The Chilean Miners
Arne Duncan
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Jonathan Franzen
Lady Gaga
Robert Gates
Tony Hayward
Hu Jintao
LeBron James
Steve Jobs
Hamid Karzai
David and Charles Koch
Liu Xiaobo
Barack Obama
Sarah Palin
Nancy Pelosi
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
The Unemployed American
J. Craig Venter
Elizabeth Warren, Mary Schapiro and Sheila Bair
Mark Zuckerberg

So.....who is your favorite??
And do you see anyone that you feel should not be on the list??

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Wait... how is that groups of people can qualify under a group heading? Does that mean Time's Top 25 People for 2010 could qualify for a spot? That would be awesome, albeit redundant. Awesomely redundant, really. Also, I missed a spot on the list because I have a job? Damn. I remember being so excited the one year I found out that Time's top person was me (and everyone else too, but bah!).

Dabs

Registered Member
Wait... how is that groups of people can qualify under a group heading? Does that mean Time's Top 25 People for 2010 could qualify for a spot? That would be awesome, albeit redundant. Awesomely redundant, really. Also, I missed a spot on the list because I have a job? Damn. I remember being so excited the one year I found out that Time's top person was me (and everyone else too, but bah!).
To be honest, after I first heard, I had to look it up to make sure I heard right.
I wasn't aware a "group" could be "person of the year"
It seems Lebron James is embarrassed he made the list.......and people are going goo-goo over GaGa.
I don't know how they decide who will be the top 25......but there has to be some serious stupid asses....how could they come up with what they did??
What they should do, is put a mirror on the cover of the magazine, and there you have it....whenever you look in the mirror (anyone)...YOU are the person of the year :lol:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Dabs said:
What they should do, is put a mirror on the cover of the magazine, and there you have it....whenever you look in the mirror (anyone)...YOU are the person of the year
lol. They did exactly that in 2006. Ever consider working for Time?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe the miners will get it too, and I wouldn't be opposed to it either. What they went through is truly remarkable, and all of them made it out alive.

Like LeBron James, I'm fairly surprised that he made the list, if he made it I don't know why Sidney Crosby didn't make it. I don't like the guy, but he did win the Gold Medal for Canada in Hockey.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
What exactly is this award?

Dabs

Registered Member
lol. They did exactly that in 2006. Ever consider working for Time?
Would I consider working for Time??
Nope.
And I know you were just being a smartass......I was too.
I knew the mirror had been there before....they should just do it every damn year if they can't come up with better people~

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Time Magazine's Person of the Year. Judging by some of the names on the list, the award is a joke if you ask me.
I think Time is a joke also. And I agree that a good measure of the people on the list that don't deserve the recognition.
In addition to the miners, the Chinese leader Hu and fb's Zuckerman are the selections that really helped define 2010.