• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Times so hard you have to sell your soul for a loan

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
This taken from an article in Money Week magazine:

In the wake of the credit crunch it can be hard for people to get a loan. But don't worry, if you live in Latvia you can get your hands on cash relatively simply. You just have to sign away your soul. The Kontora loan company lends anything up to 250 lats (£300) to people who are prepared to sign a contract that lists under collatoral "My immortal soul". The money is lent for between one and 90 days at a hefty rate of interest. Around 200 people have already taken out the loans. "If they don't give it back, what can you do? They won't have a soul, that's all," says the firm's owner, Vikto Mirosiichenko.
:dazed:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
What the hell? That sounds so weird? what the hell is that company gonna do with people's souls its not like they have a tangible thing they can go and take from you...? :confused:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
In a way, you do give part of your "soul" for a loan. I guess I'm referring to personal favors or feelings of indebtedness to those that usually offer to give you something in your time of need. But it's probably a cultural thing too (for some it's just business as usual). I wonder how it is in Latvia.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Kontora got owned.

lol

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You know whats sad... is if there is some sort of actual dark arts stuff at work and they are literally signing their souls (if you believe in souls) :hah: that'd be pretty epic.

I've watched way to many episodes of Supernatural

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
You know whats sad... is if there is some sort of actual dark arts stuff at work and they are literally signing their souls (if you believe in souls) :hah: that'd be pretty epic.

I've watched way to many episodes of Supernatural
Or how about that Simpsons ep where Bart sells his to Milhouse.

I can't believe this is actually real though. :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We take it lightly but would anyone here really willing to sign a formal document giving away your soul? :lol:

SuiGeneris

blue 3
List of things I would give my soul away for:

Major League Contract
Wealth and happiness
Ysabels hand in marriage
A lifetime supply of peanut butter
A lifetime supply of beer and alcohol

300 euros? No thanks.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
We take it lightly but would anyone here really willing to sign a formal document giving away your soul? :lol:
I'd be more concerned about the kind of people/company I was dealing with rather than being damned to an eternity of soul-less hell to be honest, haha.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
300 euros? No thanks.
It's lats, man! Three hundred lats!

I'd actually be hesitant to sign my soul into anything. I'm not sure if I believe in them or not, but I think I do. So I'd be a little uneasy about it. For 300 lats? Definitely not.