• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time's Person of the Year and no, it's not YOU

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mark Zuckerberg named Time's 2010 Person of the Year

At 26 years old, Zuckerberg is the youngest winner since Charles Lindbergh was named the magazine’s first person of the year in 1927 when he became the first pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.

Pretty remarkable feeth when you think about it, and in all honesty I think he deserves it.

Whether you use facebook or not you can't deny that the man has changed the way we communicate.

There are 600 million users. There are roughly 6.9 billion people in the world. That's almost 9 percent of the entire population. That's astounding.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Why am I not surprised? He fit the mold as the person of the year, for sure. Facebook grew exponentially this year, so it only makes sense.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm actually surprised 4chan didn't fuck with the results, like last year.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I have to try so hard not hate Mark Zuckerberg for that f*king movie. I haven't seen it myself, and I've heard it's actually good, but it just seemed soooo disgustingly self-servile to be portrayed as he was.

But it wasn't his fault they made a movie about him! It wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault.

Rosa_Luxemburg

why this year? :confused: I mean Facebook is from 2004, maybe I'd get 2008 given how big it was in Obama's Campaign, but 2010.... :confused: weirdness

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
why this year? :confused: I mean Facebook is from 2004, maybe I'd get 2008 given how big it was in Obama's Campaign, but 2010.... :confused: weirdness
I've never understood this kind of reasoning, like Person of the Year is a Rookie of the Year type award where someone should only be eligible once.

Here's an example, John Paul II became Pope in 1978 and won the award in 1994. Just because it got created a few years ago, it doesn't mean he shouldn't win this year.

Rosa_Luxemburg

I've never understood this kind of reasoning, like Person of the Year is a Rookie of the Year type award where someone should only be eligible once.

Here's an example, John Paul II became Pope in 1978 and won the award in 1994. Just because it got created a few years ago, it doesn't mean he shouldn't win this year.
true, but what did Mark Zuckerberg do this year? be rich? I mean the point is the most important "Person" of the Year

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Zuckerberg is one of the more dastardly people to burst on the scene lately, but that's part of the criteria too, the mystery around him. The Facebook and social media explosion and what it's doing to us is a huge development. A lot of people don't realize how big Facebook as become.

Rosa_Luxemburg

personally I'd of had John Boehner(hate the guy) it'd be in line with the 1995's Newt Gingrich as well as 1992's Bill Clinton, 2000's George W. Bush and Obama's 2008 win, if not Boehner than UK Prime Minister David Cameron, hell if they wanted Lady GaGa works better than Zuckerberg