Time Zones

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Realizing I am in the minority here, I must say that time-zones suck big time. South Africa is way ahead of the US and Canada (in time only). I find it extremely frustrating to go to sleep when all the action on GF begins.

And even worse, I am passed out from drinking by the time you all get tipsy... :drunks:. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting drunk alone as much as the next alcoholic, but how is that going to get me into the "Got drunk on chat webcam" group if I am hungover by the time everyone else in drunk???

Anyone share my frustration??

I like being ahead from the majority of the members by around 6 hours, because I find Americans tend to do things earlier, just in general. GF seems to be most active at around midnight - 2am my time, which is good for me. And if I go out with friends in the evening, I can come home and start all over again with this lot because they'll have just started drinking in chat or whatever :lol: And I don't mind going to bed at 6 or 7am, or not at all. But I can most definitely understand the frustration, timezones do suck sometimes.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I like being ahead from the majority of the members by around 6 hours, because I find Americans tend to do things earlier, just in general. GF seems to be most active at around midnight - 2am my time, which is good for me. And if I go out with friends in the evening, I can come home and start all over again with this lot because they'll have just started drinking in chat or whatever :lol: And I don't mind going to bed at 6 or 7am, or not at all. But I can most definitely understand the frustration, timezones do suck sometimes.
That is inspirational, to say the least. And I will try it. I guess I will need to give more alcohol at home then. I mean, I can imagine coming home after going out and getting drunk with friends to come to my friends at GF and then carry on drinking, but I cannot imagine logging on and sobering up while they are getting drunker and drunker.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
People here start to get active around 3AM my time. Usually I sacrifice until 4 or 5AM to stay around chatting and posting.
I wish we could all have 1 timezone. lol.

When I wake up in the morning and see all the posts that have been made during the night, I feel sorry for not participating lol.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I actually think I have one of the better timezones for catching the Americans, well at least the sleep deprived ones. When I am just waking up here it is their late morning and my afternoon is their night, so I get to catch all the night time activities such as poker and chat while it's still a reasonable time for me. Then my evening turns into the early hours of the morning, so when there is a drinking night in chat, I catch the really drunk times while it's still not too late here.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I am American, and I'm not even sure when GF is the most active in my time zone :-/ yeesh.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It bugs me a lot because I have to wake up at 3-4am to play Poker. There is never enough interest at an earlier time.

Blueyes

Registered Member
actually I would love an earlier time Bliss but its seems most like it around midnight - 1 am - 2 am and that just wont work for me as I dont get much sleep and am usually up around 4 am lol

Bliss

Sally Twit
Well right now would be the ideal time for me but I know I'd never get four more people. I woke up at 3am this morning for a tourny and felt rotten all day so I need to stop doing it lol.