Time Zones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by idisrsly, Mar 22, 2010.

1. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Realizing I am in the minority here, I must say that time-zones suck big time. South Africa is way ahead of the US and Canada (in time only). I find it extremely frustrating to go to sleep when all the action on GF begins.

And even worse, I am passed out from drinking by the time you all get tipsy... :drunks:. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting drunk alone as much as the next alcoholic, but how is that going to get me into the "Got drunk on chat webcam" group if I am hungover by the time everyone else in drunk???

Anyone share my frustration??

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I like being ahead from the majority of the members by around 6 hours, because I find Americans tend to do things earlier, just in general. GF seems to be most active at around midnight - 2am my time, which is good for me. And if I go out with friends in the evening, I can come home and start all over again with this lot because they'll have just started drinking in chat or whatever :lol: And I don't mind going to bed at 6 or 7am, or not at all. But I can most definitely understand the frustration, timezones do suck sometimes.

3. idisrsly

That is inspirational, to say the least. And I will try it. I guess I will need to give more alcohol at home then. I mean, I can imagine coming home after going out and getting drunk with friends to come to my friends at GF and then carry on drinking, but I cannot imagine logging on and sobering up while they are getting drunker and drunker.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

People here start to get active around 3AM my time. Usually I sacrifice until 4 or 5AM to stay around chatting and posting.
    I wish we could all have 1 timezone. lol.

When I wake up in the morning and see all the posts that have been made during the night, I feel sorry for not participating lol.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I actually think I have one of the better timezones for catching the Americans, well at least the sleep deprived ones. When I am just waking up here it is their late morning and my afternoon is their night, so I get to catch all the night time activities such as poker and chat while it's still a reasonable time for me. Then my evening turns into the early hours of the morning, so when there is a drinking night in chat, I catch the really drunk times while it's still not too late here.

6. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I am American, and I'm not even sure when GF is the most active in my time zone :-/ yeesh.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It bugs me a lot because I have to wake up at 3-4am to play Poker. There is never enough interest at an earlier time.

8. idisrsly

So that's the time the poker happens. Noted. that would be about 4-5am my time. Deal me in.

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

actually I would love an earlier time Bliss but its seems most like it around midnight - 1 am - 2 am and that just wont work for me as I dont get much sleep and am usually up around 4 am lol

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Well right now would be the ideal time for me but I know I'd never get four more people. I woke up at 3am this morning for a tourny and felt rotten all day so I need to stop doing it lol.