• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time to walk!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Ughhhh!!! Gas prices are averaging 3.90 here in MI right now, they are predicting the cost will be over 4.00 by this weekend.
I think it's time to ride my bike to work. The timing couldn't be much worse, I drive 12 miles to work 4 days a week + going out to the HH 4-5 times a week, and that's a 40 minute drive 1 way.
I know the prices are slightly higher here because of the special additives that are required in our gas, but 4.00 a gallon???? :hmph:

Dragon

V.I.P.
I would agree with you. I drive about 20 minutes to work and from work, it's about another 20 minutes to school. I was filling up gas for 2.64 a gallon and I looked across the street and that station had it for $3.09 a gallon. So I pumped $20 on one of my credit cards and put another $10 bucks on another credit card. I may have to find work around where I live so I can walk too.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
The gas prices jumped because eight of the oil wells/drills were in New Orleans. Prices here are rising rapidly and they showed somewhere in Georgia last night that was already at 5.99/gallon. If it seems to go up too high too fast, check with local authorities to be sure these people arent price gouging already. The 5.99/gallon people were doing just that trying to pay for their next shipment of gas and get more profit. Our local gas pumps are still at 2.49/gallon until those tanks run out and have to be refilled. Some are up to 2.70ish and we are expected to see the rise go over 4/gallon.

Although, they have lifted the environmental bans on certain blends of oil right now to help ease the costs rising. We basically lost 1/3 of nations local oil/gas supply.

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Gas prices in Canada right now are $1.26 a litre which works out to just over $5.00 per gallon!

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
As of yesterday Faux news had gas prices at $5.57 in Atlanta GA
I walk to the mailbox five to six days a week. 2.5 miles round trip over hill and dale. I've lost 12 pounds in six weeks. ACK
Which is doing something considering how far off I've been on my eating habits lately. Lots of pie and stuff. Wife has been on a baking binge lately.

I know the rising gas prices has put a big hurt on some people. For them I do have empathy.

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Although the gas prices have skyrocketd, I really don't feel I have the right to complain.
It is very minor in comparison to what those residents of New Orleans have gone through and what they have lost.
My heart goes out to them.

yooperchick

Registered Member
You said it Wolver....I think the rise in gas prices is nothing compared to losing everything. Yes, it may inconvenience us but I'm not gonna complain. I have my home and my family and right now I am very thankful for that.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
wolvergambit said:
Although the gas prices have skyrocketd, I really don't feel I have the right to complain.
It is very minor in comparison to what those residents of New Orleans have gone through and what they have lost.
My heart goes out to them.
Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama have all been impacted by the hurricane, and of course my heart goes out to all of the victims!
This wasn't a "complaint" so much as an observation, hence the title (time to walk). I'll save my complaining for things like....hmmm....let's see, oh I know...how about a picture frame that made it to the front pulse page by cheating...now that's worth complaining about if you know what I mean? ;)

wolvergambit

Registered Member
No, Angel, I don't know what you mean , but my heart does go out to those less fortunate than us in New Orleans.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
wolvergambit said:
No, Angel, I don't know what you mean , but my heart does go out to those less fortunate than us in New Orleans.
Yes you do!! But that's neither here nor there. My heart goes out to EVERYONE affected by this tragedy, sorry I can't find a reason to only include New Orleans...many outside that area were affected as well!!