Time to hit the hills

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nightsurfer, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Greetings my fellow longboarders

Well it's almost spring and that time is upon us once again. time to clear off the winters dust and check your gear, longboarding season is almost here! :D

This year looks like it is going to be a great year for longboarding, as I have been out and about I have seen more and more people taking an interest in the sport and sales of longboads are up.

So will you be hitting the hills anytime soon? I have already begun with the kick off to the longboarding season at the Night run here in Down town Charlotte.

I just picked up another Sector Nine Luke Nosewalker 57inch board and some new Hillbillies sliding gloves.

So are you hearing those big hills calling your name yet? If so get your gear ready and hit the hills.

Remember...Get low go fast or go big or go home. :lol:

Catch ya on the hills

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I might try to learn this year, but that's about it. Chances are I'll give up quickly anyway knowing me. I'll end up getting hurt.

3. Nightsurfer

Everyone falls their first few times. That's why you wear your protective gear.
    Wear your gear or wear a cast.

it's as easy as riding a bike and if you fall you just learned what not to do.
    Just start off slow and on small hills or roads and you will be fine.

4. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I'll most likely have to stick to the small roads and hills because of my back. You just made it sound like so much fun that one night you went downtown! And of course, i'd wear protective gear.

5. Nightsurfer

It is alot of fun. Check out the videos that i posted in this other thread.http://www.generalforum.com/extreme-sports/just-what-longboarding-54831.html#post586577

yes you can get hurt doing it but no more than falling off a bike. If you have back problems I recommend that you get spine and tail armor as well as the usual gear. My wife uses them and has fallen a few times but hasn't had any back pain from falling using these. You can find all kinds of gear on eBay at good prices. That's where I get all my stuff from.

I think once you try it you will be hooked.

6. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I didn't know they made that kind of gear. Stupid of me. :] That's awesome. I'll look into it. I'm glad you had such a good time downtown. I'll let you know how my adventures go.

7. Nightsurfer

You will find the items listed in the sports section of eBay. Go to Skateboarding and then type in body armor or protective gear.

You will even find the full armor like I wear in the mountain biking section. If you need any help finding the right gear for you let me know and I will post some links for you. You can even pick up longboards in the skateboarding section by typing in "Longboards or Longboard" in the search bar.