Time to change America

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaliforniaSteve, Jul 27, 2007.

1. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Ok, so when I get some time to myself my mind tends to wander off. Today I thought to myself," If I could change one thing about America, what would it be?" Now, you can add more than one thing if you wish, but just add what you think would significantly change America as a whole.

Personally, I would have to go with the legalization/ taxation of Marijuana.

What better way to cut the deficit down substantially than by taxing Americas favorite illegal drug?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Fee-nix

*Sigh* Mon dieu, what a question. I mean, there is such an incredible number of things that I want to change. I cant choose just one. I suppose I can say what a few of the top things would be, though.
    One of the things would be to have the government pay people such as those who harvest our produce and do construction work a better salary. They work incredibly hard, and the work they do benifits the US so much that the amount of money they are paid is despicably low. The money is there.
    Another thing would be to stop all of the dispute over homosexual marrage and the such. People (theoretically) have the right to live their own lives in this country, and we have a seperation between politics and religious beliefs. So I dont understand what the big deal is.
    I would also change the incredible materialism that has gripped the world, the US especially. Every holiday is centered around spending money and gaining material things, when the true point of the special day is left forgotten. The attitude of the US seems to be shouting at everyone who will listen that unless you have the newest, biggest and most flashy car, house, TV, etc., you are missing out on some big dream world. At least that is how I see it. I am not against having nice things by any means, it is just that we are surrounded by this ubercommercial societal attitude.
    There are other things I would change, but it would take a while to list them all...:D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

1. Lower corporate tax rates.
    2. Flat tax / Fair tax for consumers.
    3. Fight war on terror to win.
    4. Overthrow Iran before they get the bomb.
    5. Secure US/Mexico border.

4. apple

apple Registered Member

well ... i'm not from America ...
    so it's non of my business

5. hawklen

hawklen Registered Member

I'd change the tourists that come to canada here in the summer time with skii's on the roof of their car and asking were the snow is.

(yes, it happened to me)

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Why would you want to do that? Just curious.

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

America is what it is, changing something, could mean drastic actions.

I would say take Racism out, but isn't that what America built on?

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

...no...not at all.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

but it'd still be a great thing to change.

10. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

we have the highest corporate tax rate in the World.
    Tax rates around the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lowering cost for corporations to do business is the quickest thing we can do to turn around the outflow of jobs overseas. Its no magic bullet, but it's a good start.