• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time to buy Google stock?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GOOG&t=6m

I was just looking at the Google stock chart from the last 6 months and it looks like it could be very Bullish soon.

It hit just below $450 per share in Feb 06, and then dropped as low as $345 or so in late February as well as late March/Early April. Then it went up to almost $450 in LATE April/Early May 06 only to drop to about $375 in June.

Now, earlier this month it was up to about $425, and it's now dropped to $390. Looking back, it SHOULD be on the up-rise again, but with all of this talk about the big "Adsense Click Fraud" lawsuit, it may take longer than we think to go back up. It's been a highly controversial and hard to predict stock ever since it went public, but it's also been predicted to meet its' 1 year target estimate of just under $500.

The big question is easy. Can they pull it off? What are your thoughts on Google right now and in the future through the rest of 2006?

[SYMBOL]GOOG[/SYMBOL]

taiarain

Registered Member
Google's a strong company. Unfortunately, it's too rich for my blood. If I had it to spare, I'd probably make a move soon.

Melos

Registered Member
I have to admit not to know much about stock trends, etc, but Google does seem to be making a lot of moves toward expanding their business now. The google wallet thing opened, buying youtube, making that ad deal with MySpace...

katharina

Registered Member
GOOG: Basic Chart for GOOGLE - Yahoo! Finance

I was just looking at the Google stock chart from the last 6 months and it looks like it could be very Bullish soon.
Just one side note, and one question....
Sidenote: I have had a LOT of trouble with Google's gmail for more than a week now... mail is taking sometimes 6 to 8 hours to be delivered to various locations, so I know it's on their end. They used to be very good with the gmail without any problems. It concerns me a bit when things start going downhill.

Question... Google stock is rather expensive... what's the least number of shares that could and probably will make a difference? Would 20 shares just be laughable even considering it's more than $400 a share? (or was, at least) I guess what I mean is does one need hundreds of shares of anything to be a real player?

hemisync

Registered Member
I've heard it's an excellent time to invest more in google, I keep debating getting some shares myself - would love to know the answer to katharina's post as well, as I'm not too certain ;)

wondering

Did anyone almost invest when they first went public and change their mind? I didn't, thank goodness, but have a friend who did and is kicking herself.

destiny_star200

I dont no much about the google stock but it seems that there having a good go at making things better.
Ive never invested into any stock but i think google would definatlybe a good investment!

zurce55

Based on what Jim Cramer says, Google should reach 600. However, you need to be holding on to your pants with the wild swings. I think the overall market will not allow Google to get there this year.

iendeavors

I'd love to short this stock and ride it all the way down, but I think Google has a long way to go before missing an earning.