• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time Person of the Year

Impaired

Registered Member
I was flat out stunned by the number of women I know who said "me too" including the wife, daughters, my sisters. The sheer scope is staggering. I really had no idea.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, I skimmed through the article and it specifically mentions Harvey Weinstein, but sure, OF COURSE this has to do with Trump. (I wish we had an eyeroll emoji right about now).

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I don't understand the trump reference either? I've got daughters and what has happened in the last several months with mostly powerful men being exposed as sexual harassers has been great. I want them to understand they can succeed in life on their merits and they don't have to play with pond scum like Weinstein to get ahead.

I know that it can go too far and people get fired on baseless accusations. But over the last few months the scale has been reset to be more fair. I agree with Time it's the best thing to happen this year.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't understand the trump reference either? I've got daughters and what has happened in the last several months with mostly powerful men being exposed as sexual harassers has been great. I want them to understand they can succeed in life on their merits and they don't have to play with pond scum like Weinstein to get ahead.

I know that it can go too far and people get fired on baseless accusations. But over the last few months the scale has been reset to be more fair. I agree with Time it's the best thing to happen this year.
It's called Trump derangement syndrome. It's mostly exhibited by those whose feelings get hurt easily, and lack the mental capacity to accept even something as silly as the results of a free election.

I agree, it has been great, although I did see A LOT of people use that hashtag that I know personally, and I have to doubt some of their claims, and instead concluded they just wanted to be part of the "cool group". Generally I do think it was a great thing, however.

I can't imagine not knowing if my wife or daughters had been sexually harassed.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
KNOWN as a sexual predator quite often in his lifetime???? LMFAO

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Trump says things on Twitter just to get a rise. I didn't understand it at first but when he said for example Cruz's father may have been involved with the JFK assassination, that was just a joke.
The metoo hashtag was sorta dumb and a way for people to jump on the I'm a victim too bandwagon. If you were sexually harassed, expose that person. But the movement to expose real sexual harassers has been great.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Rolling Stone?? Aren’t they the same clowns that ran that false story about that fat chick getting raped?

Yeah, that’s why they ALL came forward 7 weeks before the election, with no evidence whatsoever, because he’s been a known predator his WHOLE life.

Critical thinking isn’t one of your strong suits, huh?