• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Time is money"

Bliss

Sally Twit
So the saying goes. But which do you wish you had more of?

While I might moan from time to time that I don't have enough money, I do still have enough to get by. I have a roof over my head and I can afford to eat. I have it better than some people do.

I definitely wish I had more time. Sometimes there is so much I want to do in a day and the hours just fly by way too quick. I can't believe it's almost April. It seems like yesterday that I was getting excited for Christmas.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Right now I have the time but there have been moments when I used to consider 'time' as a "luxury" because I've been too busy and had no time to even breathe.
So yeah, money is money but also Time can be money.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
"Time is Money" is one of most loathed phrases along with "Lets think outside the Box" in a business environment. I tend to find it is said by managers who are nitwits and don't know how to communicate properly...

Twitch

Registered Member
I want to say money, but I feel like that is just my youth talking. I feel like I have all the time in the world, so it wouldn't be an issue, but I know that that is going to catch up with me pretty quick.

So basically, I need to live a little bit longer to answer the question. :)

Dabs

Registered Member
Time as in 'time to get the laundry done' or 'time to get this project done'- or time as in 'how much time I have left on earth'. Either way, with time, I usually have enough of it to get accomplished what I set out to do. Some days I find I have so much time, and not much to do, while other days, I find I have so much to do and so little time. So I reckon it evens itself out. But, I'd rather have more money. I can buy things for my family that they will have long after my time has gone.

Wade8813

Registered Member
"Time is Money" is one of most loathed phrases along with "Lets think outside the Box" in a business environment. I tend to find it is said by managers who are nitwits and don't know how to communicate properly...
They're both cliches, but that's because they're both true.

For me, I'd definitely rather have more money than more time (although I guess it depends on how much of each we're talking about). For one thing, if I had enough money that I didn't have to work, that would be giving me a lot more free time while still leaving me with enough money to do other cool stuff with it. Plus, as Dabs said, sometimes I just have so much time and nothing to do; and it bores me to tears.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
So the saying goes. But which do you wish you had more of?
The one profound change in me between my twenties and forties has been a perceived increase in the rate of the passage of time. Wasting it brings me anguish and regret. Money, I get a trickle and I'll get by. Without question, I'd pick the thing that every single person alive runs out of sooner or later.

Kristen99

Time is money and is the real asset of our life. Because time when lost never comes back. So do it unless you repent and take maximum advantage of your time.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Hm, yeah, I don't really understand the time aspect. I would pick time over money if it means time feels like it goes slower (because I, too, hate that the months pass so quickly and inevitably will get quicker as I get older), but otherwise, I'd go with more money. On a day to day basis, I feel like I have enough free time.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Really? Interesting take. I think any manager who doesn't understand the phrase time is money shouldn't be in a business environment.

Time actually is money, whether it's billing clients, marketing, etc...wasting time is potentially wasting money. So the choice is do you want to spend more time trying to accumulate more money, or are you happy you are with what you have and would rather spend that time not doing so. I guess it boils down to how financially happy are you and do you value spending more time becoming more financially happy.