Time for your SO.

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by EllyDicious, May 17, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Now that I was thinking. ... looking at the good side of it ..

I've been so lucky to have never had a boyfriend, ever ..in my life!

I wouldn't have had time nor for him, nor for the studies/work/anything else ... while all those things need their time.
    It would have been be too much for someone like me who is not good at organizing time in a rational way. :shifteyes:

How much do you feel/have you felt the the pressure of time in your relationship/s?
    Have your relationships ended because of it or you(as a couple) have managed to get over this barrier ?
    How do you find time for each other?

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

This is why I wasn't bothered about settling down in my 20's.
    ...My focus was on other things like finishing school, getting into my career field, experiencing life without being responsible for anyone else but myself, etc.

Now, that I've made a life-long commitment to someone after I've done what I felt needed to be done while single, I feel no pressure or burdon what so ever to spend time on / work / enjoy my relationship / marriage and family 110%.

(And yes, a relationship of mine ended while I was half way through school because I felt I couldn't "do" both at the same time, so I let him go).

3. wolfy

wolfy Registered Member

Well.. I have all the time in the world at the moment. I live with the person I love, so my time with him is whenever he's home and has time for me. I could not by any means claim any of my days to be busy, but I know what it's like, and I honestly could say that if they were again, time(or the lack thereof) would not be an issue for me. Even if time was little and I could only see him for moments few and far between, it would be worth it and still make me happy.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's "usually" not like a chore that you have to make time for and fit on your schedule. When you have a significant other you find yourself attracted towards activities that involve him. That comes so naturally that what suddenly becomes more of a hassle are your old routines that seem to take up your time now, and you didn't notice that before.

Anyway, I feel that people who are really committed on the relationship will find and make time for each other despite busy schedules. I had a relationship where time together wasn't valued as much, to give way to other commitments in life. It seems justified and understandable (coz it's not like the time was used for leisure but for important things like work, family responsibilities) but in the end, I believe that if you really want to make time for each other, then there's always a way.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I have infinitely more time in my schedule for him than he has for me. :-/

6. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

When in a relationship, I believe it all comes down to a 'clear-cut' understanding of (1) Your individual goals, (2) Where/what stage the relationship is at and (3) The next level( the transition from one stage of your relationship to the other). With that in mind, you compromise at times to accommodate spending time with your SO. Tried, tested and approved by the 'Cool one'....hahahaha:lol:

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

We both come home from work around the same time each day so it's not really a problem. We always have a talk about our day whilst making dinner and then chill out together or go out.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Not having enough time for someone is the excuse I still give to this day to why I don't have a girlfriend when friends or family ask me about it.

Sure, there is some truth to it but if I did have a SO I would make time for them. I'm just one of those people who works a ton and who then loves his alone time when he gets home.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just remembered, I know a couple and they've been married for more than 25 years. They have one routine...bathroom time. Maybe when they were younger, they took a shower together daily. But now I know (coz I lived in their house, ha) that every night they go to the bathroom together. Even if one is showering, the other is brushing teeth or doing other night routines. They told me it's something they decided they'll not stop doing as long as they're in the same house (meaning, excluding when one is away on trips and it's not possible) because it's their "time together". So even in a very busy day, at the end of the day they find time for each other and this is how they do it.

10. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

"No time" Is my biggest problem right now.

The fact is I have a lot of ambition and a lot of priorities that will come before someone who I've only just met right now. This makes me sound callous but I'm not.

Like Millz said, if it came to it then time would be made and happily so but to knowingly expect someone to understand all the things I have to do in a week would be unfair on them.

I live half my life here and half my life in Leeds and ontop of that this year is my work year where I'm gonna be more pressured and stressed than I was in the year just gone!!! :D