• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Time for the anonymous GM to go?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I was hoping that after Wrestlemania the anonymous GM angle would be stopped and they would bring in a GM properly. Its not that I dislike the whole PC thing but I do wonder how much longer they can continue it, do you think it is a good thing and it should continue or are you starting to get a little bit sick of and just want a proper GM back?

viLky

ykLiv
During the Elimination Chamber and Royal Rumble months I was getting real sick of the anonymous GM. I just wanted him to come out and move on with the show already. However, since WrestleMania he feels like a fixture of the show now. I actually don't mind the laptop anymore.

If the WWE were to name the GM I would like it to be either Batista or Tarver.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Honestly, I think it is best that they don't announce who it is. It would lead to a mystery for years to come for the IWC to ponder upon. If they are going to reveal it I want it to either be Nash or Cole even. I would love the swerve if it was Cole.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The time to make it happen is now...they've got a lot of solid options (Nash, Cole - even though he's predictable, even Booker T or Edge). Even though some of those options wouldn't have worked logically with all of the times the GM emailed, they can write it in...hey, it's pro wrestling. lol

This has been more entertaining than I thought it would be, but it's also more than run its course. It's time to move onto having a quality General Manager being a part of storylines again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is definitely time to reveal who the damn GM is. Enough is enough.

I do think the entire thing has been entertaining overall but not any longer. It's run its course. Time to say who it is.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm curious to hear from you, Millz...in the current environment who do you think some GM options are if he/she is revealed?

We've discussed them before, but things are somewhat different after WM.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm curious to hear from you, Millz...in the current environment who do you think some GM options are if he/she is revealed?

We've discussed them before, but things are somewhat different after WM.
Good question. I think it's possible it's someone like McMahon or Triple H. I wonder what Trips' role is going to be now that he had his Taker match...he wasn't even on RAW this past week. But I think it could still be Michael Cole considering what happened at Wrestlemania.

My preference is someone like HBK or Jericho or Rock or Austin just so that they can be around more but I'm sure we'll ultimately be disappointed.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Good question. I think it's possible it's someone like McMahon or Triple H. I wonder what Trips' role is going to be now that he had his Taker match...he wasn't even on RAW this past week. But I think it could still be Michael Cole considering what happened at Wrestlemania.

My preference is someone like HBK or Jericho or Rock or Austin just so that they can be around more but I'm sure we'll ultimately be disappointed.
I guess that Nash is unrealistic, and Edge taking the role is completely unrealistic (he'll want to rest, I think).

Austin or Rock would work for me, but with the way their careers have shifted focus I doubt long-term TV appearances would happen. Jericho would be great, as well, but I think his return will be more epic. HHH is pretty realistic, because he seems to have no direction right now. He'd be great in the role. Still, not sure if they'll want to.

Cole seems the likely choice, but he also seems too obvious (that means it will be him somehow, lol). He's been so tied to the GM position that I don't think it should be him; he'd be the perfect heel GM, but he's already been in that role for a year basically. They need something fresh, for sure.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
They need to get rid of that damn computer, and I pray that it is not Michael Cole. nuff said.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Austin or Rock would work for me, but with the way their careers have shifted focus I doubt long-term TV appearances would happen. Jericho would be great, as well, but I think his return will be more epic. HHH is pretty realistic, because he seems to have no direction right now. He'd be great in the role. Still, not sure if they'll want to.
Jericho wouldn't make sense, since he argued with the computer back in October. HHH would be a stupid decision given his current status on Raw. Austin or Rock would just be as bad.

I'm thinking it will not be revealed as the time progresses onward.